Show me the money.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date
Building work is going to be very expensive, possibly pricing some out of having the work done.

I had to price up some melamine faced board today, I thought they'd misheard me and give me the price for gold instead.

About time too really. Prices have been fairly stagnant for a good while.

I think the talk of price increases for materials and labour being a blip are missing the point. They've been stagnant for a long time and the pandemic is just a catalyst for the re-adjustment that had to come eventually.

Both materials and skilled labour are finite resources, and in both cases there isn't any opportunity for a quick increase in supply.

Let’s hope lads stick there rates up accordingly. Get as much as you’ve can, for as long as you can, for as little as you can, spreading is hard earned money, charge as such.
This will prevail for awhile as we have a skills shortage. Developers will get around it by de-skilling building operations, for example icf walling - no mortar, one bloke sets out and your gran could build the wall. Tape and joint will replace skimming - easily learnt, less skill. Bathroom pods, one or two push fit joints and your done. We already see factory made dormers, fake chimneys, lintels with soldier slips pre-fixed, there will be more, so that the redundant labour from the retail industry will be employed as semi skilled fixers and the time served tradesman hoping for a bonanza will be undercut in most cases. The profits will remain in the hands of the developers. Heritage work might not suffer as actual tradesmen will always be needed. All other domestic new build will be factory built, or 3D printed!

My tape went up overnight 7% without warning.
I can either put up my prices or sell more.
I have decided on the latter.

Attachments

• 20210520_103550.jpg
    20210520_103550.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 140
This will prevail for awhile as we have a skills shortage. Developers will get around it by de-skilling building operations, for example icf walling - no mortar, one bloke sets out and your gran could build the wall. Tape and joint will replace skimming - easily learnt, less skill. Bathroom pods, one or two push fit joints and your done. We already see factory made dormers, fake chimneys, lintels with soldier slips pre-fixed, there will be more, so that the redundant labour from the retail industry will be employed as semi skilled fixers and the time served tradesman hoping for a bonanza will be undercut in most cases. The profits will remain in the hands of the developers. Heritage work might not suffer as actual tradesmen will always be needed. All other domestic new build will be factory built, or 3D printed!
Maybe so but as domestic work goes.. can’t see much changing for the spreads. Costumers have leaned a lot more into plastering again rather taping! Only pleb joiners still doing taping the greedy c**ts. Amount of joiners ask me to do something but they tape. f**k off. Fell out with loads.

Ever thought I might be yanking your chain? Ya F*****g rocket
I can see right through it, I know it's you who uses artex to tape and fill etc.
What shite 3for£10 packet dinner is your model wife microwaving for you tonight then?
Please share a pic

Labour prices are as so is everything else materials food fuel and all your bills it’s called inflation and wages are always behind it. It’s boom before bust only a mater of time before the interest rate rises and already a planned rise for corporation tax to rise to 25 % if your LTD. We are in for the biggest recession / depression seen since world war 2 and any one who had a coronavirus grant is going to see this on their next rebate!
Cant actually believe people are going out and getting leased vans that look like something out of the A team or embarrassing trucks that look like something out of mad max these idiots will be the first to get hit!!!

Labour prices are as so is everything else materials food fuel and all your bills it’s called inflation and wages are always behind it. It’s boom before bust only a mater of time before the interest rate rises and already a planned rise for corporation tax to rise to 25 % if your LTD. We are in for the biggest recession / depression seen since world war 2 and any one who had a coronavirus grant is going to see this on their next rebate!
Cant actually believe people are going out and getting leased vans that look like something out of the A team or embarrassing trucks that look like something out of mad max these idiots will be the first to get hit!!!
Hector?