shoulder op

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

thescudd

well after months of living on pain killers I have had scan on right shoulder, not good severe tear on a tendon so have to go under the knife the surgeon tells me the recovery time is 9 months to a year. has anyone else had this type of op. thanks

No, been avoiding a shoulder op, my right is dodgy, need a part of the bone shaved off but I have enough hassle with the knees, best of luck, long old recovery, build up some funds if possible

BlImey john u r in the wars matey ... how old r u ??

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Had one in my left one,got pissed up toy fighting at a BBQ ,ended up ripping,tearing nearly every muscle and tenden in my shoulder,40 staples and 2 screws holding my shoulder in place later and I was brand new,was back at work in 2 weeks,not plastering mind,I had a mate who let me run a job , but back on trowel within 6months(well it was my hardboard arm,I ain't no fooking weird left handed ****** ) :)

well after months of living on pain killers I have had scan on right shoulder, not good severe tear on a tendon so have to go under the knife the surgeon tells me the recovery time is 9 months to a year. has anyone else had this type of op. thanks

I had shoulder trouble when in Germany but was fortunate enough to have couple months of osteopath and physio treatment fixed it so you have my sympathy and hope you get back all fixed asap

Had one in my left one,got pissed up toy fighting at a BBQ ,ended up ripping,tearing nearly every muscle and tenden in my shoulder,40 staples and 2 screws holding my shoulder in place later and I was brand new,was back at work in 2 weeks,not plastering mind,I had a mate who let me run a job , but back on trowel within 6months(well it was my hardboard arm,I ain't no fooking weird left handed ****** ) :)

i think youll find were limited edition actually

Everyone will recover differently. No two ops are the same , it's not changing tyres on a car, depends on how invasive it is, how well it goes, your age, your ability to do physio, the finance you have to help etc and luck..

Everyone will recover differently. No two ops are the same , it's not changing tyres on a car, depends on how invasive it is, how well it goes, your age, your ability to do physio, the finance you have to help etc and luck..

he told me is a fairly big op for me tendon needs stitched some of the shoulder needs grinding then he has to put in some screws, I,m 43 but its been giving trouble for this last 15 years of and on, I will do what ever the physio says. the finances are not good but what can you do, the surgeon says if I don,t get the op it will just get worse

he told me is a fairly big op for me tendon needs stitched some of the shoulder needs grinding then he has to put in some screws, I,m 43 but its been giving trouble for this last 15 years of and on, I will do what ever the physio says. the finances are not good but what can you do, the surgeon says if I don,t get the op it will just get worse
Best of luck, I hate those operating theatres ,hate it all, had 8 in the last 6 yrs, more next year, I do shoulder exercises every night..

no unfortunately not, not sure how we will get by have wife 3 kids and mortgage, however it will be better in the long run, its not like I have been told I,m dying

lad that's works for me has had op on both his shoulders 4 months off each side , it's a nightmare am on my first week of 12 weeks off for knee op

painful job ,torn tendon and tennis elbow treated at same time , had my bones shaved was back plastering after a month of square eyes ,best thing ive ever done though , it takes wat it takes my friend ,worth it in long run I was 35 at the time of the op ,now 45 and still pushing **** up walls and ceilings :RpS_thumbsup:

Best of luck, my right shoulder needs an op, bone shaved to allow more movement but I am leaving it be for now,

well finally had the op 3 weeks ago today, first 10 days were agony couldn,t even sleep. not as bad now trussed up like a turkey, i had a 4 cm tear in the tendon and the tendon had come away from the bone, so had it stittched together and tendon fixed to the bone with titamiun rods, no plastering for me for a long time

really honestly, sincerely all the very best thescudd but I know a joiner going through the same thing and his surgeon has advised him to get out the building trade, which is all very well if there were any jobs about these days, but honestly all the best its going to be a very very long haul

thanks lads, the surgeon say no reson i won,t make a full recovery, would like another job but been at this for near 30 years its all i know. its not all bad my tax rebate is due in the next few weeks:RpS_thumbsup:

well almost 4 weeks since the op, still no movement the physio said i will get the sling of in about 3 weeks but i,m not allowed to lift anything heavier than 5lb for 4 months:RpS_scared:, so no shooting for me then

Status
Not open for further replies.