Shoulder hurting? Tennis elbow?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeVee

Use a smaller trowel.

An old boy told a mate of mine and it worked a treat.
Apparently its all to do with needing to use less pressure.

I think changing your technique helps i use a 20" trowel but i trowel across pushing the trowel, the same with ceilings im pushing the trowel in front of me as im troweling up then when im pulling in its usually only a short trowel or on walls just pulling up from the bottom about a foot. Then again my shoulder has been hurting lately :(

I fked my left shoulder/tit area last week, pushing the render on with the handboard in a very tight corner :RpS_scared:

we always start the day like this to loosen up......................:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
i used to trowel up left handed when the elbow was playin up

takes some praccy though and feels like uv just started all over again but it helps take a bit of strain off ya most used side

i used to trowel up left handed when the elbow was playin up

takes some praccy though and feels like uv just started all over again but it helps take a bit of strain off ya most used side
I wrap a bandage around the trowel handle, you need to change the grip to stop tennis elbow, the shoulder thing is like the back many causes, many remedies, a very complex joint.

I wrap a bandage around the trowel handle, you need to change the grip to stop tennis elbow, the shoulder thing is like the back many causes, many remedies, a very complex joint.

funny u should say that because for years iv been puttin mtb innertubes on wooden handled marshaltowns because i like a thicker handle plus less slippy coz the wood always shines up

when the rubber handled ones came out they seemed smaller to me but didnt bother with the tubes praps thats why mine flares up then coz the handles to small plus ya thumb wears a groove down to placcy in no time which dont help

i like the handle on the plastic trowel though
see ya never stop learnin :RpS_thumbup:

funny u should say that because for years iv been puttin mtb innertubes on wooden handled marshaltowns because i like a thicker handle plus less slippy coz the wood always shines up

when the rubber handled ones came out they seemed smaller to me but didnt bother with the tubes praps thats why mine flares up then coz the handles to small plus ya thumb wears a groove down to placcy in no time which dont help

i like the handle on the plastic trowel though
see ya never stop learnin :RpS_thumbup:
Tennis elbow test, grip,something tightly if it causes pain in the elbow, you have it, then you have to change your grip to lessen it, funny thing about tennis elbow it can last for two yrs then just disappear

Got a spread works for me he is having a left shoulder op in 4 weeks then 12 weeks off work, he had his right shoulder done 2 years ago this job does you no favours he's only 43

Got a spread works for me he is having a left shoulder op in 4 weeks then 12 weeks off work, he had his right shoulder done 2 years ago this job does you no favours he's only 43
My right shoulder is problematic, the shoulder bone rubs on the cuff and I have torn scapula muscle( we all have tears in the scapula muscle to be honest) but like everything its depends on the severity, most people never fully recover from shoulder ops, I had a high tibial osteotomy on my left leg, off for six months with that in 2011 ,due a prosthetic in that in a few years if lucky, my right knee is going the same way..

Been off the trowel now for 16 months with only perhaps the odd half hour here and there a few times a year. The tennis elbow is still here. Exercise as per chiro say's but it is not going away.

Very frustrating being a supervisor and not being able to lead the way. I agree though with the smaller trowel and use the straight edge more to do the work (render). Get the labrador to make the stuff right is important too.

Been off the trowel now for 16 months with only perhaps the odd half hour here and there a few times a year. The tennis elbow is still here. Exercise as per chiro say's but it is not going away.

Very frustrating being a supervisor and not being able to lead the way. I agree though with the smaller trowel and use the straight edge more to do the work (render). Get the labrador to make the stuff right is important too.
Really annoys me when the bring stiff stuff and it Aggaravates my shoulder. Want to slap them but they are too dumb to get it. They can barely shovel it out of the bath but we are expected to lay it on with a trowel..

Tennis elbow test, grip,something tightly if it causes pain in the elbow, you have it, then you have to change your grip to lessen it, funny thing about tennis elbow it can last for two yrs then just disappear
not completely true but ya half way there. place your hand on top of the other hand and try and raise your hand up, if it hurts then maybe its tennis, put your hand under your other hand and try and push down if it hurts then it maybe golfers (using your other hand as resistance)
most people get tennis sometime in their life but pass it off has just an ache but some get it and it lasts for years thats when you need treatment (the blood treatment is the best so far) the biggest % of people that get it are pregnant women

not completely true but ya half way there. place your hand on top of the other hand and try and raise your hand up, if it hurts then maybe its tennis, put your hand under your other hand and try and push down if it hurts then it maybe golfers (using your other hand as resistance)
most people get tennis sometime in their life but pass it off has just an ache but some get it and it lasts for years thats when you need treatment (the blood treatment is the best so far) the biggest % of people that get it are pregnant women
How's yours Ian? You back plastering yet?

Cortisone injections are often used too, useless for some but great for others, I don't have a medical expert for advice here ha ha.

How's yours Ian? You back plastering yet?
its getting there mate, its only been near on 3 week, got to go back in another 5 week to see the surgeon and then if the arm is good he'll book me in for the right arm doing

Cortisone injections are often used too, useless for some but great for others, I don't have a medical expert for advice here ha ha.
mate if you go search my posts about this subject youll see not to have any injections (cant be arsed to go through it all again)

its getting there mate, its only been near on 3 week, got to go back in another 5 week to see the surgeon and then if the arm is good he'll book me in for the right arm doing

mate if you go search my posts about this subject youll see not to have any injections (cant be arsed to go through it all again)
Oh I know a little bit about cortisone, had three in my left leg, hurt like hell but to no avail had three in my right leg las month, hurt really bad ,no avail again, had one in my right shoulder,six months back, got great relief , had another in my shoulder last month, no use this time, I understand that the can damage the joints but I am ****** in my leg joints.

more importantly ! Can you still lift a pint ok tho?

.yeh to many cortisone injections aint good.:-0

Last edited:
my ailments, tennis in left arm, right knee arthritic ,seem to come and go with the changes of the whether !! but for the last three weeks i have been having pain in my Achilles of my left ankle !! well i was rubbing it yesterday to see if i could ease it and i could feel a swollen lump on it wtf !!!.......

Does not deal with the problem ,just makes it easier ,bit like taking pain killers
in my experience it only helps for a day or 2!!

Oh I know a little bit about cortisone, had three in my left leg, hurt like hell but to no avail had three in my right leg las month, hurt really bad ,no avail again, had one in my right shoulder,six months back, got great relief , had another in my shoulder last month, no use this time, I understand that the can damage the joints but I am ****** in my leg joints.
well mate one of the best elbow, shoulder and something else surgeons about told me that the injections have fncked my elbow up!!! and under no circumstances should i have any more injection either cortisone or anything because not only have the cortisone knackered my elbows but so have the pin holes, if i hadnt have had the cortisone injection then i would have been ably to have the blood work done:-(

well mate one of the best elbow, shoulder and something else surgeons about told me that the injections have fncked my elbow up!!! and under no circumstances should i have any more injection either cortisone or anything because not only have the cortisone knackered my elbows but so have the pin holes, if i hadnt have had the cortisone injection then i would have been ably to have the blood work done:-(
The easy way is not always the best way ,lets hope some of the lads read this post Nps

understood, but in my case in my left knee a prosthetic is the only solution so the injections would not be of any harm as all the joint gets removed,my surgeon is a top surgeon in several hospitals and the views vary across the orthopaedic world, almost like plasterers here, or priests re the faith.you cannot simply assume anything is right as their view changes as advances change things and also they are box ticking finance saving at times..

My right shoulder is problematic, the shoulder bone rubs on the cuff and I have torn scapula muscle( we all have tears in the scapula muscle to be honest) but like everything its depends on the severity, most people never fully recover from shoulder ops, I had a high tibial osteotomy on my left leg, off for six months with that in 2011 ,due a prosthetic in that in a few years if lucky, my right knee is going the same way..
Think with all that going on I would be getting out of plastering as the health of my body is more important

Think with all that going on I would be getting out of plastering as the health of my body is more important
I have been trying to get out of it but what does a plasterer do that's easy on the body, I was trying to do some small developments but the downturn put me back into plastering, banks won't lend the likes of us money,registrar suggested I get into managements can still get a good wedge on day work for plastering, trouble is I get too busy at times.

I have been trying to get out of it but what does a plasterer do that's easy on the body, I was trying to do some small developments but the downturn put me back into plastering, banks won't lend the likes of us money,registrar suggested I get into managements can still get a good wedge on day work for plastering, trouble is I get too busy I have 2 lads work for me full time with helps big time on my body

Status
Not open for further replies.