Setting a business up

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too work for a company what contracts to housing associations ,it's not the best work ,dog mess ,needles etc no support from management ,I don't get 500 a week or sick pay or phone or phone allowance ,morale is low no days out etc .i have just been offered site work at 120 a day then 3 pound a metre on the next job ,no hassle ,yes I'll lose the van which is tough but I'm tracked everywhere so if I finish a job an hour early and leave I'll get docked ,they never see you working through lunch or brews though just because you want to get away from the job ,no overtime even though we do it at least an hour or two a week , I would go back to Ireland in a perfect world ,I miss my daughter .i need a good think myself.

Always one way with housing associations... I learnt not to do anything for them take your hour do no more than is expected

I too work for a company what contracts to housing associations ,it's not the best work ,dog mess ,needles etc no support from management ,I don't get 500 a week or sick pay or phone or phone allowance ,morale is low no days out etc .i have just been offered site work at 120 a day then 3 pound a metre on the next job ,no hassle ,yes I'll lose the van which is tough but I'm tracked everywhere so if I finish a job an hour early and leave I'll get docked ,they never see you working through lunch or brews though just because you want to get away from the job ,no overtime even though we do it at least an hour or two a week , I would go back to Ireland in a perfect world ,I miss my daughter .i need a good think myself.

Where you from in Ireland scuba?

I'm not I'm a brit, we moved over to Roscommon in 2002, my daughter was born there, unfortunately our marriage struggled when the tiger stopped roaring, (stupid male pride) so I had to move back to the UK basically for work.

Go steady on site scubadoo, the carrot is usually dangled to get you on.

Lost count how many times I heard the next job was going to be £xxx only to get there and it has been bullshit.

Good luck whatever you decide
Thank you and I fully hear you on that one, it's for a good mate and I have been asked for a while just made sure he kept busy, sites have improved though in every way, we go on empty houses (voids) no electric, no water and no toilets and they're not one offs, always sussing out nearest supermarket! Thanks again!

Another carrot is the "i know the price is a tad low on this one but lash it out and i know they have a job lined up paying double"
What your on sounds like what everyone would love to be doing working for themselves , fannying around in a van all day and getting a nice daily rate with benefits.
Working for yourself is nothing like that sadly , your gonna hear stories of 2/3 grand a week and all that shyte but they are one offs , you be doing well to clear £500 after you pay for the business and tax and benefits.
To be in continual work you are going to have to sub-contract and that is a nightmare too.
Can i swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.