senco screw gun

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkh

anyone got any advice on getting one of these.
which to go for 14.4 or 18v etc corded?
what price shouldi be looking to pay.
is it worth geting one off ebay
cheers guys

I shouldn't tell you this, but do a google search for powertools.co.uk or similar - they are selling Senco cheaper than I can buy them from Senco GB!

Just one note - I get people telling me the battery chargers or the batteries go kaput now and again. I've replaced a couple under warranty.

If you're doing full time boarding the DS275 is v. good - 4000rpm and takes up to 75mm screws.

Lastly - buy good screws. Cheapies may not feed too well, but ask around.

Carobyn

On the advice of Richard brown and a couple of others from here i bought a hilti about 8 month ago.Its the dogs b*ll***s.Before that i had a ryobi and before that a makita.The hilti is awsome,rarely jams,just goes and goes.droped it a handfull of times and still running as sweet as a nut (touch wood).
If you got the money mate by the best!!!!

skimmin2day said:
On the advice of Richard brown and a couple of others from here i bought a hilti about 8 month ago.Its the dogs b*ll***s.Before that i had a ryobi and before that a makita.The hilti is awsome,rarely jams,just goes and goes.droped it a handfull of times and still running as sweet as a nut (touch wood).
If you got the money mate by the best!!!!

Here here. I've just bought the new Lithium 22v drywall gun. Lighter and quicker (5000 rpm)

Senco schmenco!

pwi said:
I've got the 18v senco they are over rated I would have a corded makita you can't go wrong

corded makita £219 at screwfix
the same one in b&q is £119

i had one of those concept ones that doubles as an impact driver, within a year i just used it for an impact driver because its s**t as an autofeed. a chippy i know uses the senco 14.4 when he does stud work and its the mutts nuts, can't say ive used a hilti but i'd like to try one out if anyones got a brand new one, surplus to requirements?? could you also drop it off cus its cold out there..

TonyM said:
Here here. I've just bought the new Lithium 22v drywall gun. Lighter and quicker (5000 rpm)
God, you must be doing well Tony. Rang the Hilti depot in Stratford this avvo and they wanted 485 notes for one of them with collated screw magazine attachment thingie :eek: :eek:

Phil said:
TonyM said:
God, you must be doing well Tony. Rang the Hilti depot in Stratford this avvo and they wanted 485 notes for one of them with collated screw magazine attachment thingie :eek: :eek:

They should be £389 + vat with the collated attachment, as an introductory price. Ring Hilti direct on 0800 886 100 or register with Hilti online and see the prices there.

Status
Not open for further replies.