Self Taught - Manchester - Looking to go full time and improve. Any domestic plasterers need a lift?

Members online

Joshua Leamy

Hi guys. I've been plastering for about 2 years now all off my own back. I must have completed about 80 jobs of various sizes. I have a part time job and find that I now want to quit and give this a real go. Every plasterer I've worked with has been impressed, but I don't think I'll ever be fully confident until I've done a fair few with others. I have my own van and tools and I'm based in the Denton area of Manchester. If there is anyone looking for a lift, or to take someone on to work with I can give you my number. I know plenty of people who are passing me work so I'm happy to split it. I'm just sick of under pricing and turning down or losing the big jobs because of the time it would take. I've added some images of jobs I've done so you can have a look. Anyone have any tips or criticisms I'm all ears. Thanks, Josh.
20190128_100820.jpg
20190128_100820.jpg
20181012_135423.jpg
IMG-20190201-WA0002.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi guys. I've been plastering for about 2 years now all off my own back. I must have completed about 80 jobs of various sizes. I have a part time job and find that I now want to quit and give this a real go. Every plasterer I've worked with has been impressed, but I don't think I'll ever be fully confident until I've done a fair few with others. I have my own van and tools and I'm based in the Denton area of Manchester. If there is anyone looking for a lift, or to take someone on to work with I can give you my number. I know plenty of people who are passing me work so I'm happy to split it. I'm just sick of under pricing and turning down or losing the big jobs because of the time it would take. I've added some images of jobs I've done so you can have a look. Anyone have any tips or criticisms I'm all ears. Thanks, Josh.View attachment 34562View attachment 34562View attachment 34563View attachment 34564
Looks good pal maybe u could give are residential spaz @lurpak a few tips cause he struggles going over old shite,and welcome to the forum bud

Hi guys. I've been plastering for about 2 years now all off my own back. I must have completed about 80 jobs of various sizes. I have a part time job and find that I now want to quit and give this a real go. Every plasterer I've worked with has been impressed, but I don't think I'll ever be fully confident until I've done a fair few with others. I have my own van and tools and I'm based in the Denton area of Manchester. If there is anyone looking for a lift, or to take someone on to work with I can give you my number. I know plenty of people who are passing me work so I'm happy to split it. I'm just sick of under pricing and turning down or losing the big jobs because of the time it would take. I've added some images of jobs I've done so you can have a look. Anyone have any tips or criticisms I'm all ears. Thanks, Josh.View attachment 34562View attachment 34562View attachment 34563View attachment 34564

Nice Intro mate.

Welcome to the forum!

Fair play mate all the best isn’t @JessThePlasterer that way out? She might give you a sniff

Welcome and good luck with it all

Doesn't look to bad that tbf.
Unless the customer specifically advised otherwise I would of taken the cut beads off around the windows, and also the couple of shitty bits of skirting. Will probably cause hassle later on in the job. And screwing beads on never tends to go well I find, beads twist if you screw them in to far, and screw heads are proud if you don't... Nitpicking though

keep at it pal

Don’t think we’ve forgotten Bitch. We’ve seen your work. Over trowelling nob jockey

Enjoy it while you can. Your day comes tomorrow.

I'm going to arrange your fezzing corpse in an embrace with malt man and GPS up your bum.

Welcome along