self leveling screed

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
Has anyone here got any experience on putting bagged self leveling screed through a machine ????.

If so please tell me all about it :)

thanks

I was on a job where we used Maxit alpha 4160 self-levelling floor screed. we used 35mm pipes and had no probs pumping it at all. It was to blend in two rooms knocked into one in a mid terrace with localised repairs at the join and old fire hearths, to give one seamless and spot on floor. think it's 4-40mm thickness. the old screeded floors were primed with the recommended latex solution which was sprayed using an airless setup.

honestly I called him yesterday to tripple check and he said yep fine no problems.

He also said they did a test a while back using a monojet and 35mm hoses and they did some massive area with it and he was impressed.

D8 1,5 not fast enough. I aint tried it because you need a bigger R&S and that means new pressure plate and suction flange, then the water gauge needs altering to allow enough to the mix oh! An a remixer but to top it all off the bagged screed is twice the price of traditional.

Right let's put and end to this yes you can use the G4light for screeding on the light you can't change the pressure plates so you can't put an R pump R&S on it so you have to put a D8-1.5 on it which will pump at 38 lpm so yes it will take a little longer but willstill do it and fairley quickly ..... Enuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.