Self Employed

Members online

Maester

Why are you self employed rather than employed? Money? Can't work with others? Can't stand fools? Do what you want when you want? I couldn't work for someone else. Was working it out today and been self-employed the last twenty three years. Couldn't believe it. Was sitting in subway at the time at half eleven having a salad and a coffee. But then twenty three years employed somewhere I'd be a year or two off a pension. Pros and cons ...

In general I hate clock watchers.
I do my two gauges and I'm off.
If I was employed the bossman would be looking at his watch saying "two more hours pal".
Fook that.
Main reason tho would be earning potential. A job means a fixed rate for your time. Being employed by myself means, earn what I want and have time off when I want. Finish when I want...in fact everything when I want!

Worked for the same Co for 27 years, then the boss chucked it and retired......
So ended up self employed :)

Prefer the appreciation I get from clients rather than from a boss.
And I'm never late anymore lol

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I love being self employed, quoting at unsociable hours, working unsociable hours, chasing payments, chasing contractors, love arguing with the accountant, love not having any paid holiday or sick leave, love missing out on family time, can't beat working 6-7 days a week, love being made accountable for others bodge, just love it, NOT.
On the other hand paye can give easy life, I don't like easy

I like to turn up when I want do what I want and go.

I can push myself as little or as much as I want. Done one ceiling yesterday and went l, if I was still on for someone it would of been that ceiling then the two walls im doing today.

Id rather earn my own money not someone else's.

I love being self employed, quoting at unsociable hours, working unsociable hours, chasing payments, chasing contractors, love arguing with the accountant, love not having any paid holiday or sick leave, love missing out on family time, can't beat working 6-7 days a week, love being made accountable for others bodge, just love it, NOT.
On the other hand paye can give easy life, I don't like easy

It's not that bad surely lol.

I found recently I never learn to the nagging in my head.. the bigger jobs I took on = relying on others , No me time, no family time , no holidays as was too busy .
I know do smaller works I/e 1day to 5week Max

Gets me family time
4 holidays a year & no crap going around in my
head lol

Most lads struggle to get the right. Balance
On one hand you want to be successful , But without killing yourselves getting there

self employed the early years you will pay the price for sure with little or no time off.
Youth & motivation to succeed will get through could not do it again lol

It's not that bad surely lol.
No it's not mate, it's actually quite good (y)
Just having a bad day, after the plumbers appearance yesterday, seeing what he completed in a day and how, I do wonder how them kinda people can get away with stuff.

Best work move i ever made hard the first years building up equipment and regulars but it's now as hard or as easy as I choose ! Work out how much needed a year for bills n stuff then smash through it :musculoso:and take it easy the other 10 months mun ! :asadito:

Had no choice family is in the trade all self employed plus I f**k**g hate managers thinking there the business because the have a toys r us discount card.

6 years working for different bosses and hating every second of it . 2 years self employed loving every second of it. But with experience self employed comes great opportunity to work for a boss in a good setting later in life. Take both at the same time.