self cleaning renders

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

grump

Got a client asking a self cleaning render, brick substrate. Never dealt with acrylic yet, is there any scratch renders that are self cleaning? Any info much appreciated, quoting thus Friday.

Got a client asking a self cleaning render, brick substrate. Never dealt with acrylic yet, is there any scratch renders that are self cleaning? Any info much appreciated, quoting thus Friday.
there is a thread on this grump some where ,think it is a coating that you put over the mono ,not sure mate ,someone will come along :RpS_unsure:

Jub do a self cleaning topcoat.look on website, havemt a clue how it works.
The mono and krends are easy to clean as in can be hosed and brushed down without risk of colour loss

There's no such thing.nothing is self cleaning.use a decent paint on sand&cement.

I understand that. He wants self cleaning product, I just need the render to say self clean on it. Then I take his money. He does not want s/c and paint. He's a lazy posh fker that doesn't enjoy the idea of cleaning.

A mono job i pass most days that got done last year has loads of fading where water from the cracked gutters has been running down the wall for months and washed away the colour................looks shocking. some kind of thin top coat would probably sort it out.............:RpS_unsure:

A mono job i pass most days that got done last year has loads of fading where water from the cracked gutters has been running down the wall for months and washed away the colour................looks shocking. some kind of thin top coat would probably sort it out.............:RpS_unsure:
Few like that on our estate, whole panels have gone from ivory to streaky green, houses only built 6 years ago

there is a thread on this grump some where ,think it is a coating that you put over the mono ,not sure mate ,someone will come along :RpS_unsure:
Keiths right,Parex do a product called Paraguard. Weve used it a few times this summer and it aint cheap,abut 70 quid for 5 litres I think.
It goes on like water,so it goes quite a long way and doesnt change the appearance of the Mono.

@grump Mapei do a Self Cleaning Top Coat called Silancolour Tonachino +. We have this in stock and available next day. PM me your email and I will send you over the relevant information

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Andy, I like parex mono so that suits me. Ok ring them tomorrow, don't think price is a major issue as long as he gets what he wants

As said, Paraguards the gear, you can add it on to the warranty aswell which looks good to the punter.

you can buy cheaper on the market but Paraguard won't break down under uv.

Nearly all of them have a self cleaning paint or clear sealer/solution its just not that well promoted

Jub do a decent job of promoting theirs.

yes it is expensive

over a ton from most suppliers

Crazy when you can get a silicone texture 1.5mm for £52 quid for a ten square metre bucket

Status
Not open for further replies.