Self Build machine

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

saj169

Hi

I'm doing a large new self build (5 public + 8 bedrooms all at 2.8m heights + granny flat above a triple garage).

Me and a couple lads are doing all of the screeding + plastering (skim) + acrylic rendering.

Could you recommend a machine that could all of this with ease?

Saj

For the acrylic rendering you really can't go wrong with the EZE 24. If you look on YouTube under EZE 24 thin-coat machine there are a few videos of it. This machine with also spray skim. It won't mix it though. If you want to give us a call we will have a machine that will suit exactly what you need to do. They are all available to hire or purchase.

Ryan

I would imagine its an anhydrite screed your are doing. The machines or this are also available to hire along with an operator to show you what to do.

Ritmo mate, but it will take you a while to master it. If you thimk that you will do this house quicker then by hand then you wont. If you do get one stick with it it all comes good in the end :RpS_thumbsup:

Sorry, should have been more precise in my initial post.

Architect's spec sheets call for underfloor heating pipe on Schluter Bekotec-Therm panels, then a 25mm anhydrous screed (looks too thin to me!) and then Ditra mat and finally thin set + tiles.

The internal walls will be dense block: would projection plastered Knauf m75 not be better/cheaper than D/D gypy + skim?

Thanks for the replies.

Also, the the walls will be made of ICF with polystyrene on in and outside. Never plastered them before, any ideas for plaster/render (again gypy or can they also be projection plastered)?

Thanks.

I would suggest the Ritmo XL with switchable power input. It can be supplied by 230v or 3 phase

This version has a speed control so It can cope with thin coat acrylic render dropped straight in the hopper with the output set down to as little as 1 litre can be used for the speedier application of this colored finish.
With a larger compressor the machine can spray the acrylic as an attractive decorative finish that needs no troweling

With a quick change of the Rotor and stator you can pump up to 60 lts if needed for screeding for example .
The material for A 25 mm screed could be delivered ready mixed or in bags. Its not perfect but for the occasional floor you could place this machine under the mixer truck with an extension hopper. Bagged screeds are available and can be layed in your own time with maybey the output set a bit less.

The machine with standard equipment has a rotor and stator pump that can be used for base coats, MP75 etc. The machine can be plugged to the mains 230v for the internal work if possible or 3 phase power for the outside where more pipe may be required.
For the information you supplied i believe this 1 machine ticks all the boxes.

Last edited:
What is the square meterage of the floor? In our experience 25mm would be too thin. Most specs say a minimum of 15mm over the top of pipes. Gyvlon to my believe is a minimum of 35mm

Also, the the walls will be made of ICF with polystyrene on in and outside. Never plastered them before, any ideas for plaster/render (again gypy or can they also be projection plastered)?

Thanks.

mp75 but i dont know if you need to prime the poly first

As Currier said, Mp75 would be the best. I will find out if this needs to be primed over this surface. We also sell the MP75 and normally have some in stock so you can deal with us for everything if required

Just get rid of the architect and build it properly, face brickwork 100mm cavity insulated and fibolite blocks internal finish internal MP, Hardwall and finish or S&C AND Finish, will save you a fortune, fcuking architects

I like the look of this building method. Its quick and we get both the inside and outsides.

Sponsor = 780m2 (there's a swimming pool too, but a the pool crew's doing the whole thing)
lucius = you make it sound as this place is mine, wish it was (owner paid a cool £1/4m for 2 acre plot alone!).

I've done jobs for the architect before, and he knows what he's getting. Also he wants me in and out ASAP, that's why I was thinking about a machine to help speed things up.

Anyway, thanks for the help. Wish you guys the best for 2013, happy New Year!

Nice one Saj.... I may have missed it, but where is the build?

I can make arrangements for a local Knauf guy to contact you to assist with internals... if you want..... send me an E mail - rlord@knauf.co.uk. The MP75 will go through a Ritmo, no problems! get the local contact to advise you on if a primer is needed (plaster is not really my forte). The Blones will be able to assist with a machine (or the more local PFT supplier).

Currier - Gibbo is right (in a way) - ICF is great, fast and easy - if there are no problems when it is built...
When they pour the concrete the blocks have a nasty habit of moving or even spliting! Then the programme goes out of the window and it takes forever to do retro work and make good (usually at a massive cost for someone)!
I have spec'd several over clads on ICF projects..... fix external battens / studs through the ICF into the concrete, then board and render, rather tha just render to the blocks.......
For the record - I have seen loads of render systems applied direct to ICF, contact your render system supplier of choice for a spec!

Good Luck Saj!

the problem arises when they build the block up too many courses then pour the concrete and the walls go out of shape with the weight,,,,,, a bit like my body :(

the big question is what machine...mtech or pft...i think blones and ryan should have a fight to find out...winner sells the machine. loser gets me some overalls.

Try them both first see which one is best for your needs ,that way Beddy gets two overalls :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.