Seeing as you brought it to our attention

Members online

ive coated skim heavier than 6mm on ceilings....bullshit excuse from bg.

ive put 20mm of sand and cement on plyed ceilings building paper meshed scratched and coated onto rakes then skimmed.....it stayed there.

but i did skim a bedroom wall 3 weeks ago and it started to peel off when i put the first mist coat on it.

ive also k rended over pebble dash first plot was sound the second i was "told" by the boss it needs doing asap.......he was warned its gonna rain.....the slightest bit of spitting sent all the mesh sliding to the ground.

clean it up your fuucking self you stupid cuunt i told him
Over a heavy artex we have all gone on a bit thicker it's just nature of that sort of works

We have all gone on a bit thicker at times to suit different jobs I think it's a cop out of an excuse

I have spoken to someone in the corporate world, they will not officially admit it was their fault but pay you. It's now called the Arsene Wenger excuse!

If that is the case any skimming using multi or board finish above 2mm that fails would be deemed the same.

I wonder if BG would've been so accommodating if the story didn't circulate on here for all to see, call me cynical but if it's took so long for you to get your money from them I think joe bloggs plasterer who isn't on the internet to inform people could be on to a hiding to nothing. Their excuse is laughable also.

Not sure that BG give a feck about opinions on this forum. Not sure how many regulars there are on here, but it's a tiny fraction of all the plasterers in the uk and BG have a virtual monopoly so they know we can't vote with our cash.

Not sure that BG give a feck about opinions on this forum. Not sure how many regulars there are on here, but it's a tiny fraction of all the plasterers in the uk and BG have a virtual monopoly so they know we can't vote with our cash.
Shame Knauf not in many other outlets. Jewsons told me they part owned by BG and I can't buy MP finish off them. I like Knauf gear as it works and definitely more consistent than @BritishGypsum (I've tagged you so you can explain yourselves) knauf drywall adhesive far superior to BG's and that's for starters

Shame Knauf not in many other outlets. Jewsons told me they part owned by BG and I can't buy MP finish off them. I like Knauf gear as it works and definitely more consistent than @BritishGypsum (I've tagged you so you can explain yourselves) knauf drywall adhesive far superior to BG's and that's for starters
Got to agree with this, the quality of the multi changes bag by bag.

I know @Danny may disapprove I'm questioning @BritishGypsum but they need to answer these questions pissing a Hell of a lot of plasterers off (this place has thousands of watchers etc but they don't post). If I went round the merchants and quizzed plasterers in fact I just might to perhaps get the point across I reckon most would complain but as BG are the bigwigs we don't have much choice it's put up or shut up??

Got to agree with this, the quality of the multi changes bag by bag.
I know this is slightly different, been using board finish lately. A while ago it was lovely.....creamy and predictable. The last few bags have been unpredictable! I get uneven setting times now. It maybe the weather, or it may not. It was going off lovely when the weather was colder, but now it's not so good. Nothing else has changed.....same everything etc, methods, mixing, blah,blah.

Hey @stuart23 funny how your old Mucker vincey always pipes up on uni threads, but his absence has been noted since the piss poor bg reason, odd isn't it ?

Well it's like everything I suppose, I don't care much for bg guarantees (also like most tile adhesives) as I know if it came to it there's a good chance in writing there will be a get out of jail free statement. Thankfully BG did pay out this time but overtime you learn what can and can't be got away with.

I did find that uni didn't like going on thick over old walls.. Though it still happened.

And here is the get out of jail card that if they so wished, could probably have not paid out if they wanted (they don't say how uneven it can take)

Attachments

• 20170311_095424.jpg
    20170311_095424.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 211
Well it's like everything I suppose, I don't care much for bg guarantees (also like most tile adhesives) as I know if it came to it there's a good chance in writing there will be a get out of jail free statement. Thankfully BG did pay out this time but overtime you learn what can and can't be got away with.

I did find that uni didn't like going on thick over old walls.. Though it still happened.

And here is the get out of jail card that if they so wished, could probably have not paid out if they wanted (they don't say how uneven it can take)

Very interesting, because going over artex it's always going to be thicker than 2mm, which renders this product absolutely useless. Still no vincey I see, not even he can defend the indefensible

Your right mate, same folk with same agendas

Agendas lol, I have never said anything that isn't true, Shame not all can say that with real agendas like being on there promotional posters etc etc but please continue being one of his cheerleaders

That will go for any finish plaster not just uni.
H stoke is the only guy in recent times to say he had a problem with uni.
How many failures have happened with any other finish.
Im not defending uni,,,,but until i have any suspect issues i will use it.
That BG explanation is total b*ll***s.

Shut the fk up you knob, where anywhere do I agree with what vincey says about products? I disagree as much as you do about them but you know what I'm big enough not to bring it up every two fking minutes .Honestly the pish you post on this forum is diabolical, from shoving your political views down everyone's throat to jumping on any new members asking a question and let's not forget about the way you love to twist folks words and act all high and mighty when asking the same question about twenty times but just changed in a way to suit whatever agenda your on that day. I've heard your a really nice guy face to face but you've created an online persona of a pure c**t and by god your running with it.
Is this pre match banter before the rugby later pal?? o_O

Shut the fk up you knob, where anywhere do I agree with what vincey says about products? I disagree as much as you do about them but you know what I'm big enough not to bring it up every two fking minutes .Honestly the pish you post on this forum is diabolical, from shoving your political views down everyone's throat to jumping on any new members asking a question and let's not forget about the way you love to twist folks words and act all high and mighty when asking the same question about twenty times but just changed in a way to suit whatever agenda your on that day. I've heard your a really nice guy face to face but you've created an online persona of a pure c**t and by god your running with it.

Why thank you good sir.