security locks for transit

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruddez

any advice on the sort of security locks for the side door of my transit which was more or less pulled off thurs night but lucky they were disturbed and nothing stolen but it is the damaged caused we have the car they used on cctv but unfortunately not them phoned the police but a waste of time as I had info for them but never phoned me back but I suppose a few on the forum have had the same experience which could give me advice thanks

Is your van sign written ? My mates had his van broke into twice (un- signed ) both times nothing taken , once they know its a plasterers van they normally leave £20 and move on and look for a chippys van

Is your van sign written ? My mates had his van broke into twice (un- signed ) both times nothing taken , once they know its a plasterers van they normally leave £20 and move on and look for a chippys van
Could be a sign?

its not so much of what they may steal its the damage they cause to the van doors so a good quality lock on the outside of the back and side doors to act as a deterrent may help that's the advice I am looking for thanks

A lot of Transits come with deadlocks. Press your key fob twice and itll lock them. I was looking at getting something fitted just as a visual deterrent. I like the look of the one british gas uses

No point putting security locks on a transit, scumbags will eye up your new locks on a Friday night and come back on Sunday when the rest of the panel has rusted away

Status
Not open for further replies.