Scuff marks with a s*p*r*lex

PlasterCraftDundee

I've had a nela s*p*r*lex for about 2 weeks, on the last trowel I'm finding it leaves scuff marks. Although I can't feel them if I run my hand over it. Its frustrating as it doesn't make the wall look as good as it actually is. I've seen a wall painted after using the s*p*r*lex and it looks great. Will this stop after the trowel has worn in a bit more?

Attachments

• 1439491361138.jpg
    1439491361138.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 515
  • 1439491370180.jpg
    1439491370180.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 490
  • 1439491377791.jpg
    1439491377791.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 444
As above, I've had this before and experimenting a bit I found a wee bit of water stopped these marks.

Thanks guys ill try a bit water on the walls 2moro and let you know how it goes. After reading alot about the s*p*r*lex before buying, ive just been wetting the trowel, I thought no water on the walls was th way to go!

The only water I use when I use the flex is to clean the blade and I give it a shake so it's not dripping,it will be the angle and/or preasure it just takes practise but you'll soon get used to it.

Is that on plasterboard if so I get em when done on a reskim I don't weired

I get it on boards and reskims:muyenojado:

The only water I use when I use the flex is to clean the blade and I give it a shake so it's not dripping,it will be the angle and/or preasure it just takes practise but you'll soon get used to it.

I was thinking it could be the angle, when finishing would you have the s*p*r*lex closed more than a normal trowel? I noticed today i had it quite open when finishing

I get it on boards and reskims:muyenojado:

I was thinking it could be the angle, when finishing would you have the s*p*r*lex closed more than a normal trowel? I noticed today i had it quite open when finishing
You can close the angle and it brings moisture to the surface thus giving a very light pink almost white coloured finish or open up the angle and as long as you use minimal water and get the timings right the finish will dry a very dark pink but it's harder to get an even finish this way,the timings have to be spot on and the angle has to be right,to much an it'll scuff and drag and to little and it will bring the moisture to the surface leaving light patches .

I noticed something like that and found that closing the angle in on the trowel sorted it. You could also try getting on out a bit earlier as well.

I've had a nela s*p*r*lex for about 2 weeks, on the last trowel I'm finding it leaves scuff marks. Although I can't feel them if I run my hand over it. Its frustrating as it doesn't make the wall look as good as it actually is. I've seen a wall painted after using the s*p*r*lex and it looks great. Will this stop after the trowel has worn in a bit more?
Y don't. We stick to the old school a trowel it much easy lol.And timed serve to do a good job

So is the trowel that's at faul
I noticed something like that and found that closing the angle in on the trowel sorted it. You could also try getting on out a bit earlier as well.
that's right I think with these trowels I tend to get it all squared up pretty quick after laying in then a couple of decent trowels

Yes that's the same as me...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk