Scrim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

islandview

I ordered some silver scrim from ebay the other day as I have read on here it is good stuff.

When I received it, it turned out to be something called speedline scrim.

I think I might have been done. Is the silver scrim good enough for me to send this stuff back, it looks as rubbish as the wickes scrim.

I bought some silver scrim for less than £2 a roll,it doesnt stick very well:RpS_cursing: but i persevere with it.

I think all sticky scrim is crap now when it first came out it was the proper fibatape and cost about £6 a roll now its just massed produced shite like most things nowadays

I think all sticky scrim is crap now when it first came out it was the proper fibatape and cost about £6 a roll now its just massed produced shite like most things nowadays
Yes that was the stuff [fibatape] brilliant,same as you say a bit hit and miss with the choice even had some split on me after the ceiling dried out.

Okey dokey fellas cheers. I wont bother sending it back then, although I do think it is a bit cheeky selling me a different brand of product. Ill just leave poor feedback.

I usualy use wickes scrim but it really winds me up when im on my stilts and the stuff falls down. I keep it handy so I can redo it but its still a pain in the arse.

I suppose like you have said, its all shite.

sorry mate tooo many beers, just realised your taking the p***
#

LOL i wasnt takin the piss its sound for taping up if your not gonna skim it straight away, the reason i dont like putting gear over it is if you dont skim straight away it pulls in too quick or you have to pva depending how long you leave it.

i was on a job this week ran out of skrim asked thr guy for more and he said thiers more in the toilet downstairs, mmmmmm yum love useing piss skrim plus it looked about5 years old but crredit where its due it stuck lovley better than new skrim anyway, had to use gloves to use it though

Heads up on scrim.
Had some Bond It scrim in , the lads are raving over it. Still up in the morning after preping the night before.

Not the cheapest, comes in at £ 2.50 roll from Obas

Status
Not open for further replies.