Scrim tape

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dai dog

How hasn't anybody invented scrim that you can scrim the day before without it falling off the ceiling? What's the best scrim you guys are using now? I'm using wickes wich I find pretty much as good as it gets for me, used to use silver scrim wich was a grey in colour wich looked real funky!

when it first came out donkeys years ago it was much better,, you could scrim up before u went home ready for the next day, even ceilings be interesting to see what catnics is like

Jrt extra sticky, is about the best i scrimmed top floor of a house yesterday afternoon before leaving site ready for monday morning, and it will still be stuck monday.

Everybuild from wacks is ment to be the **** like , i skrimed a ceilin with it on a night and was fine jn the morning like , they said it had been tested or won something or other lol

Keep yer tapes warm...marra's . let them ride in front of the van....or in a bb.:RpS_thumbup:

Can be tricky too when applying the Betakontakt over the scrim. I avoid putting the scrim on the internals until just before skimming.

Same as fatarm, keep it warm its more sticky, mine rides in the front of the van:RpS_thumbup: i get it from R&J, good soft tape.

......or just sit it on your lights (assuming you use them) for a couple of minutes..:RpS_thumbup:...works a treat!

This is what i rigged up to solve the problem........................Scrim heaters

noticed alright during our hot summer the scrim was sticky and leaves a sticky mess on trowel-edge, had to use knife instead cause it was really hard to clean off trowel...... bit of an annoyance, when youre sweatin in hell heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.