Scrim for cold and HOT days

Members online

Danny2020

advice please - if you used a self adhesive 48mm wide plasterers Scrim tape everyday all day - what would you advise we used please?

3 for the pink then. Hmmm
Personally I favour the ginger lately, used to use the pinky all the time till the fraying fiascos started. Drives you bloody bonkers it does! Hahahahaha!!!

Mate you shouldn’t have to pva scrim! Ffs!!
Red label is quick to use and good price, not too sticky, if you want to prep a ceiling or a hit of skim the day before in winter do as i mentioned above, just a little dab here and there of 50/50 PVA, I've been at this game many many years . Do twice as much with your ears as you do with your gob FFS (y)

R&J cheap as chips red label, if you want to scrim day before put a little dab of PVA on it every 600/900 ish and leave the sticky scrim to the perfectionists, I'm in it for the money.
Do exactly the same if I scrim the day before, a little PVA to make sure it's still there in the morning works a treat. Usually just scrim before each set though

Red label is quick to use and good price, not too sticky, if you want to prep a ceiling or a hit of skim the day before in winter do as i mentioned above, just a little dab here and there of 50/50 PVA, I've been at this game many many years . Do twice as much with your ears as you do with your gob FFS (y)
Lol your fecking about mixing pva to scrim up, absolutely f**k that, sooner pay £1 a roll more for decent stuff....false economy

You’ve got day rate spread written all over you! Pay a bit more for decent scrim and get the job done rather than fannying about pvaing it! Lol
Many regards!
3rd generation spread. (y)

You’ve got day rate spread written all over you! Pay a bit more for decent scrim and get the job done rather than fannying about pvaing it! Lol
Many regards!
3rd generation spread. (y)
You literally dip a brush in your tub of PVA and dab it on the scrim every meter. Takes 30 seconds for a whole room

We bought far too many rolls of shyte scrim from. ....wack,r&j. Ect
Just getting down to last half dozen rolls , have been using spray tack adhesive and works a treat

Looking for some better scrim (happy to pay a bit more )
Any recommendations?

Then punch holes in it and declare yourself an inventor.
Stop putting words in my mouth I never said f**k all about @tapits really poor idea that ruined him and now he’s a angry little drunk on here! Sat in his garage surrounded by boxes of the shite, wife n kids left him baliffs at the door, bottle of whiskey and neighbors wifi let the abuse commence :ROFLMAO:

That's called the @bof method.
I've upped my technique
Contact adhesive the pb joints ( no 2mm gap )
Mid joist the butt ends
And contact the beads before the screws and scrim

Some people have no sense

It’s overrated bud I just silicon all joints before I start works a treat (y) :numberone:

il never forget the day my nail was coming away...

I was scrimming up
it kept catching in the nail
the pain was horrible
I got that pissed off after spending half an hour to scrim a room I yanked the scrim in a bad mood

my nail came off with it :crying: :crying:

sat in the corner of the room crying :risas:

Stop putting words in my mouth I never said f**k all about @tapits really poor idea that ruined him and now he’s a angry little drunk on here! Sat in his garage surrounded by boxes of the shite, wife n kids left him baliffs at the door, bottle of whiskey and neighbors wifi let the abuse commence :ROFLMAO:
You've went full mind hunter, I agree though.