screws per m2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I allow a strip of 50 per board, @ 400mm centres on ceilings. On walls, every 225mm vertically.

see what ya mean now , with joists at 400mm centres ,i was thinking screws at 400mm thick **** ,lol cheers

Well lets say 6 a joist at 400 centres thats 42 to a board a board is 2.88m2 so divide the 42 by 2.88 gives you 14.5 lets say 15 but i dont mind doing 5 a joist so thats 10.54 lets say 11 but i would go for for the 15 if your pricing a big job :)

i was taught 5 across the width of the board for walls, 6 across the width for ceilings (per stud)

I was chatting to some lad's doing the tacking on an hotel job in Scarborough that were fitting resi bar to ceilings then a layer of sound bloc and then a normal board what made me shudder was the fact that they were fitting the res bar with one drywall screw at 600mm centre then putting that lot on top, i will not be staying there in the future

I was chatting to some lad's doing the tacking on an hotel job in Scarborough that were fitting resi bar to ceilings then a layer of sound bloc and then a normal board what made me shudder was the fact that they were fitting the res bar with one drywall screw at 600mm centre then putting that lot on top, i will not be staying there in the future

That's a bit scary. They were probably booking the extra meterage for 400 centres.

Status
Not open for further replies.