screw gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a shot of 1 of those ^^^ joiner on the last job had 1 i found it was good on walls...not so good on ceilings and it got jammed a few times.

I just use a 12v makita its not too heavy when tacking all day on ceilings had it about 5-6 years now and still going strong.

mr spoon think twice about that makita gun, over the years i have had 3 of those 110v, and 2 18v battery makitas, now for continued use as in 2/3days a week you will be lucky to 1 year out of them they are heavy with not a great deal of power, amuch better option is the ryobi caged screw gun its more powerful dosent jam as much, it has an easier action, it lasts about the same, with2/3 day use a week around 1 year, but its around £60/70 cheaper than the Makita

mr spoon think twice about that makita gun, over the years i have had 3 of those 110v, and 2 18v battery makitas, now for continued use as in 2/3days a week you will be lucky to 1 year out of them they are heavy with not a great deal of power, amuch better option is the ryobi caged screw gun its more powerful dosent jam as much, it has an easier action, it lasts about the same, with2/3 day use a week around 1 year, but its around £60/70 cheaper than the Makita

ta very much, overhall tho judging by other peoples comments also... for reliability id be better odd with a manual screwgun for reliability...tho ofcourse the ryobi will save me time and cash :cool:

i use the makita screw gun best thing i ever brought especially for overboarding ceiling 60 quid of ebay had it 3 years now and still going strong

most of the dry liners on oiur firm use hilti cordless screw guns around the 200 quid mark they swear by them

Tommy

ta very much, overhall tho judging by other peoples comments also... for reliability id be better odd with a manual screwgun for reliability...tho ofcourse the ryobi will save me time and cash  :cool:

I got the ryobi and its never given me any problems. Just keep it clean and give the plunger a blast of WD40 once a week and it will give you good service for the money.

Senco duraspin 14.4v battery i do use a 110v dewalt tek gun too very good,
i also use the senco and a 18v dewalt impact wrench for the little stragglers that dont always go in

Use a Makita and its tempremental, good on walls but not so good on ceilings. We have to go back over everything with the Ryobi!

makita 14.4v only probs ive had is the chuck jamming but i have to have one to power me radio

they are really good radios i just cant quite bring myself to spend out on one especially if the wife were to find out

hello everybody first post here!
we use senco 110v on site, and after trying both battery and 110v makita and hilti guns i gotta recommend it. keep it lubed up (dont you dare!) with a bit of silicone lubricant spray and youre good to go. i bet i can get through 5 or 6000 screws in a morning without pushing too hard.

just noticed this post, i know its an old one BUT 5000 or 6000 screw in a morning. i must be really slow at chucking ceilings up

senco 14.4v autofeed, only got one battery tho cos im too tight to buy another, normally lasts just long enough to get a ceiling up

Status
Not open for further replies.