screed

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruddez

got to level a floor 4mx4m which is running from nothing to 50mm is it worth screeding half the floor with a 3-1 sand and cement say from the thickest part of the floor to 25mm and then self level 25mm to nothing or just self level the whole floor I am just looking at the cheapest option

you will never be able to self level compound this floor.
can you cut the thinnest area up and lay a screed with sbr over the complete area?

Depends what's the cheapest to you, the materials to build it up or the labour to chop it out :RpS_thumbup:

Use webers flexi floor self leving compound it's got fibres in it and goes to 50 mm in one go easy
just go around floor and drill some holes in and plug and put screws in at the level you need and fill it up to top of screws use a spiked roller . Did same sized floor in my house and it's fine and was so much easier then sbr screed .
Put a level over it when dried and mine was so flat

Use webers flexi floor self leving compound it's got fibres in it and goes to 50 mm in one go easy
just go around floor and drill some holes in and plug and put screws in at the level you need and fill it up to top of screws use a spiked roller . Did same sized floor in my house and it's fine and was so much easier then sbr screed .
Put a level over it when dried and mine was so flat
yeah good shout but fcuk me it's expensive you will use a few bags over that

yeah good shout but fcuk me it's expensive you will use a few bags over that
True will take a few backs probably 25 -30 bags so will cost about £300 but the time you save would make up for it , plus believe you would get a better job

True will take a few backs probably 25 -30 bags so will cost about £300 but the time you save would make up for it , plus believe you would get a better job

the op was looking for the cheapest option! if money is no object just pour a liquid screed over it.

seal the floor first. use a chipping to bulk it out, then a smaller chipping as you get thinner. stay 5mm below the finish level. flood the chippings with a weber quick drying screed, then when it sets pour 5mm of a weber fine screed over the lot.

just lay the thickest part with a sbr screed make a good sbr and cement slurry and make sure you lay on top whilst still tacky will stick like **** to a blanket and then latex the thinner parts

seal the floor first. use a chipping to bulk it out, then a smaller chipping as you get thinner. stay 5mm below the finish level. flood the chippings with a weber quick drying screed, then when it sets pour 5mm of a weber fine screed over the lot.
Can you explain what you mean by a chipping.

If you have the tolerance , which hasn't been established . Just lay a traditional Sbr modified screed , to a cement / SBR slurry . Go 25mm on highest point to 75mm lowest point .

Status
Not open for further replies.