scraped finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
using the through colored siliconised render systems ....of which we do not have here yet in Canada........I am thinking that I wouldnt mind travelling to the UK and seeing and working on one of these types of jobs with one of you lads,Im thinking of maybe bringing it here to my area
theres lots of them out there ...Krend etc.
Anyone here entertain me working with them for a few days ...preferably up north in the harrogate /leeds/york/doncaster/area...Harrogate being the central place of travel for me,sometime here in the next couple months,I have about one weeks work infront of me ...and then intended to be off until april....but have an interior marmorino job that has been delayed,which will crop up late february.

Interest anyone?

you can get silicone render systems in canada - dryvit have been flogging it there for years.

maybe you are mistaking through coloured type render for thin coat acrylics/silicone renders tho and you have heard of krend then you are talking of a different product - one designed for direct application to block usually only krend that put silicone into this through coloured mortar, the others such as parex and weber do not blend silicone into the bag because it doesn't do anything at all, its a krend sales ploy. on that note sure you can get parex lanko through coloured scrape renders in canada also.

if you do come over tho take warrior up on his offer - no better person to show you proper

you can get silicone render systems in canada - dryvit have been flogging it there for years.

maybe you are mistaking through coloured type render for thin coat acrylics/silicone renders tho and you have heard of krend then you are talking of a different product - one designed for direct application to block usually only krend that put silicone into this through coloured mortar, the others such as parex and weber do not blend silicone into the bag because it doesn't do anything at all, its a krend sales ploy. on that note sure you can get parex lanko through coloured scrape renders in canada also.

if you do come over tho take warrior up on his offer - no better person to show you proper

sure dryvit is available here as is sto and a multitude of others ....parex is in the states ....but I do not believe that they sell there scraped renders here,Ill take another look around and see whats up though thanks

Top man, i will show you the score mate , i'm in Doncaster and i know a great pub with some lovely trad ales

perfect...exactly the person I was looking for a reply from......I like the scraped block finish on your site ...not nessicarily the blockwork ...but the texture of the blocks

I just got off the phone with my niece in harrogate ......if this was to happen ....you have a job on the go in early march??

Last edited:
perfect...exactly the person I was looking for a reply from......I like the scraped block finish on your site ...not nessicarily the blockwork ...but the texture of the blocks

I just got off the phone with my niece in harrogate ......if this was to happen ....you have a job on the go in early march??

We can set something up mate , no probs

sure dryvit is available here as is sto and a multitude of others ....parex is in the states ....but I do not believe that they sell there scraped renders here,Ill take another look around and see whats up though thanks

Like I thought then you aint looking for silicone renders, scrape render is not usually blended with silicone at all only krend really that do it. its a cement based coloured mortar not what we would refer to as silicone render as used over insulation etc.

I wonder if they don't bother with scrape render in canada due to climate ? its big on the continents and alot of the stuff is mined on the continent but it does struggle to hold up to the british weather for any length of time. could it be the climate in canada you think ?

If these renders are used all over the continent John how come they can't "cope" with the British climate as the climate on the continent is much more extreme both in heat and coldness than here?

Like I thought then you aint looking for silicone renders, scrape render is not usually blended with silicone at all only krend really that do it. its a cement based coloured mortar not what we would refer to as silicone render as used over insulation etc.

I wonder if they don't bother with scrape render in canada due to climate ? its big on the continents and alot of the stuff is mined on the continent but it does struggle to hold up to the british weather for any length of time. could it be the climate in canada you think ?

actually yes it is ....not sure if it is only krend ...but that is what I am looking for....siliconized through colored render ( or stucco here ) specifically the scraped finishes....if its not water resistant ..then oh well ...just that the weather resistance is a beneficial selling point.
others I have looked at are monocouche ,renderplas...and a couple other slip my mind.

do you think that Canada is like the north pole?....the weather here is very similiar to britain.....yes there are some hot spots ,our summer is slightly better ,but in general it is very close.

I think by silicone render you think I am thinking of Acrylic stucco? or E.I.F.S?? (Dryvit,sto, ) mesh and basecoat over foam ?

Warrior....thanks....I will be in touch if this is going to work out......

Status
Not open for further replies.