Scaffolding Hire Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyzplasterer

My Scaffolder has set a hire period (estimated by me) and has now put on his quotes additional weeks will be charged at £110 plus VAT per week.

Is this standard? Does your scaffolder set a hire period and charge you if you go over?

don't do outside work much now but it used to be about £40 each week over the initial one month.

If your lucky some guys don't at all providing you don't take the piss. If not normally it's done on a percentage. Almost like a fine. As you have already paid to have it taken down. Tbh your better off getting it for as long as you can then you know you won't overrun.

It's a big cost of our game is scaffold, the best thing I ever did was to buy us own and pay a scaffolder to erect it, saves chunks of money.

most scaffolders charge extra if the scaffold has stood over 6 weeks, on a house.
i always tell the client the scaffold is for 6 weeks if they need to do painting etc. then it will be charged as an extra.

I don't take the piss, and I've won every job for the last 2 years he's quoted on. He's just emailed me to say we can negotiate, apparently some were taking the piss.

It's a big cost of our game is scaffold, the best thing I ever did was to buy us own and pay a scaffolder to erect it, saves chunks of money.

we use to have our own scaffold but at the time i had a lorry to move the scaffold from one site to another. we won a lot of rendering work as we supplied the scaffolding for free, just charging to erect. the cost of running a lorry got out of hand, so now we just use a subbie scaffolder to surply and fit.

Getting pissed right off with scaffolders just now, was quoted 800 to scaffold a gable and 1200 for a tower up to a chimney stack. Needless to say when I put quotes in for the jobs I was told to F off.

1200 for a chimney tower. How high was the flipping chimney?!

depends how well you know the firm, but generally you get 2 weeks hire then an additional 10% of the cost is added each week, prices vary depends how busy they are, running a wagon is a ball ache, you wouldnt believe the overheads...

That's cheap as ****, nice..

Not a bad price at all, remember they got to load up, 2-3 blokes to erect it, ( couple of hours,) then come back and strip it.. pretty cheap actually... 180 for approx 5 hours work all in all.... thats paying wages and gaffer making a profit..

Out of interest how do you get it all to site?

my brother runs a stone merchants so has a few trucks, so I can call on one ocassionaly,

my scaffold costs were getting out of hand, if were on a domestic project I do it all ourselves. in 2011 my scaffold costs were 20 odd grand,
I have got that down to less than half that doing it ourselves, I recon we save around 15 grand on an average year.

I bought my own scaffolds for jobs that aren't on the highway and reading some replies here I'm lucky I have a good relationship with my scaffold contractor cos he doesn't charge me for 'extra weeks'.
So I don't charge him for storage on the customers' ground when he leaves it up for weeks after I've finished either :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.