sbr

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer

got a job to do for a woman she has a builder who she listens to all the time {plasterers know nowt}hes told her to dot n dab 27mm thermal boards on all walls .fair enough. all walls to have sealabond sbr applied before dot n dab.what id like to know is what would you put sbr on for i thought that was for rendering on exterior walls advice please lads and lasses.

He's just saying that as a "waterproof" sealant as apposed to PVA to seal/ control suction in the walls before you dab any boards. Are the walls damp in any way? If not? No need for SBR and just damp the walls down or seal with PVA first? Depends on the masonary really.

If the walls do have any damp issues I wouldn't go dabbing boards on pal!?? Will come back to haunt you if you do.

You'll have to strip the wallpaper off but you may be as well knocking the plaster off too back to brick/block then seal your walls diluted PVA is fine if not damp and then dab away! No point messing about stripping that much wallpaper off if the walls are old?

ye i thought pva would be ok but bob the builder insists on sbr and what bob says goes ,i think hes giving her one cos the prick cant do nowt wrong

Ask him if he's heard of IMO or OTT !?? Ask @Artisan998 and he will put your builder in the picture and shut him up at the same time :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
your going to be dabbing onto old walls and it's only as good as the backing plaster what's on. Them boards are £26 in wicks. External walls plaster off sbr cement slurry coat then dab boards.

And get the builder on the job and do this!
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.