Sbr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I mix it with water as it not cheep stuff

is'nt like is it,costed me £25(included vat)i used it pure as i was plastering a 15m2 ceiling on me own and was'nt too sure if having it watered down was strong enough.What ratio do u use it with 4:1?

the difference in price is reflected by how much the different manufactures dilute it in the first place, i personally buy a good make then dilute 50/50

SBR for skimming whats that all about? This is for S/C. Sbr is piss thin anyway why would you dilute it? you mix cement and sharp for slurry bonding and neat as addmix for render gauges.

Does it not give you guidance on the container.

not on priming for plaster work,it gives you ratio's on what amount you need to use on render,cement,screed etc on the brand i bought,got mine from Travis and Perkins £25 for 5Ltr

suction control,kind of felt less confident using pva on ceilings these days over the years,especially on big ceilings.

Use it neat then mate, I know what u mean with pva,sometimes if the background is a as dry as a nuns c**t pva wont do:)

Use it neat then mate, I know what u mean with pva,sometimes if the background is a as dry as a nuns c**t pva wont do:)

ha,yeah mate,give me the sense of security when applying it neat especially on ceilings knowing that it should'nt sag and fall off onto my head after sweating me napper off trowling it off for hours,ha

On really dry backgrounds, I have found sbr is the nuts for killin the suction.are u goin to pva before coating?

What is also good on concrete ceilings is knauf betokontakt did you float out with a backing plaster first.

I have never coated over neat sbr mate,it's meant to kill suction, not bond the plaster to the substrate.if u say you've done it before without problems then fair play to u, each to their own :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
I have never coated over neat sbr mate,it's meant to kill suction, not bond the plaster to the substrate.if u say you've done it before without problems then fair play to u, each to their own :RpS_thumbup:
yeah mate,worked for me,i was'nt happy and confident due to the ceiling substrate being old render,soo i completely cover the ceiling in sbr and waited to soak for 20mins then skimmed straight over it,worked a treat.Is there any decent theory on why its better to water it down before applying?or is it the fact adding water helps the additive penetrate the substrate more promptly?

Status
Not open for further replies.