sbr slurry

Status
Not open for further replies.

wil

so i'm going to use sbr slurry as a bonding agent on to the old scrach which won't come off ,i'm under the impression that sbr comes in a 5ltr carton like pva, is all sbr brands good? how do you knock up the slurry and how do you apply it. any help pls oh and how long to cure cheers

yep 5ltr carton, knock it up neat sbr and opc like real thick paint...
slap it on with a masonary brush and leave it rough...
it'll be ready by the day after..

slap it on with a brush then go over it right away,whilst tacky........chris has been on the wine and drugs tonight...dont listen to him lol

It realy depends what you are going over normaly i give it one coat of slurry let it go of and next day same again when tacky hit it but that is on old stone walls.
Lucius

it needs to be used whilst tacky unless youre tyroleaning it and even then the tyrolean coat should be applied to the slurry whilst tacky and dont argue the toss anyone cause im right :)

neat sbr and opc applied to a brick surface and allowed to dry is almost as good as tanking... :eek:

when applied about 3 times at 2mm thick then tryoleaned and 2 coats of render ... or am i talking shite .... usually do lol

on damp jobs where the wall got tanked and there were no membrane in't floor you'd get this inch gap from t'slab t'wall...
this were cos t'wall got plastered before t'slab got poured...

what yer'd do were tank t'wall, trimol t'floor and form a bottle cove at the bridge where the gap was using neat sbr and a 1:1 sand cement mix... pretty much waterproof...

and if yer run out o'tankin yer'd knock some sbr up wi' a bit o' dust :eek: (2 coats like, tanking wants 2 coats anyhoo)

i didnt say that, someone hijacked my post and i hold no responsibility for any content found within...

(works though ;))

warriorupnorth said:
Aye ya can mock but al tell thee narr thall regret it wen thar all in coort fer slander nt teckin (french word) si thee :p

lol can you imagine the prosecution trying to read out in court what oasis wrote lol or simple trying to get his fat arse off his chair to stand up then boring us about machines, and calling for spunky bum as main witness lol. then platinum confusing the whole place repeating his self and tony with his torretts and if i dont get a summons i can represent the lot of you coz ive been on 5 day solicitors course at you know who lol

;D ;D ;D....flynny you'll be representing us then ..........dont stick up for me too much mate looking forward to bit of cock and arse inside ::)

Do you really need to put a slurry on it, what's wrong with the scratch coat , if you can't get it off then that implies that its a solid well adhered coat , but just stabilise it if need be !! what's your intention ? what you gonna finish with etc etc etc

i've been trying to get my head around this going over old or hacked off render ready for pebble dash, i've had some great info off you guys but from what everyone said i think that i will probably just go straight on with a scratch coat of 5-1 as the old scratch is not coming off so to be safe i will start at 5-1 no sbr and no eml think it should be fine once made damp ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.