Sbr parex microgobetis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsr

Hi lads, can anyone tell me is this parex microgobetis the same as using sbr? Trying to keep the costs down when applying k rend so I'm told I can prepare the walls with parex microgobetis and then apply topcoat coloured k rend straight onto it in two passes and scratch next day therefore avoiding the materials and labour costs of the basecoat? Have I been correctly informed? Sounds similar to sbr but not certain. Always used basecoats but being priced out of jobs cos other lads getting away wit not using them? Help!! Cheers oh if sbr is different to parex stuff are there any other stuff I can use that will do same job?

The micro is basically an external bondit so it's an sbr with grit in it and coloured orange so you can see where you've been. I've used it over face bricks with 15 parex mono straight on and it evens out the suction and defo slows it down. It'll be a next day scrape well into the year. The sand paper like texture it leaves inspires confidence when rendering over it. Parex don't spec base coats like krend only micro over concrete or aerated blocks and nothing for blocks.

if you follow a spec use the right gear

if its for your own stuff use an sbr slurry

they wont touch you again if they know you defer from a spec if their job

Hi lads, can anyone tell me is this parex microgobetis the same as using sbr? Trying to keep the costs down when applying k rend so I'm told I can prepare the walls with parex microgobetis and then apply topcoat coloured k rend straight onto it in two passes and scratch next day therefore avoiding the materials and labour costs of the basecoat? Have I been correctly informed? Sounds similar to sbr but not certain. Always used basecoats but being priced out of jobs cos other lads getting away wit not using them? Help!! Cheers oh if sbr is different to parex stuff are there any other stuff I can use that will do same job?

how are other lads getting away with out using backing coats and not you?
what substrates are you using k rend over?

Becarefull here. Not only will you not get K Rend back you up if it goes wrong (and in the case of Weber, well you have no chance of back up with them!) but it's the expense of putting it right.

If it means taking chances with the expensive render then let the competition have it. I have just paid £1200 out for putting Webers job right and that's without taking chances.

I have a couple of competitors local to me who use a sand and cement scratchcoat and then 10mm mono. I know one of them had lime bloom on one job and served him right. I would prefer to sit in the house than have the s**t I have had recently for a job go wrong to save a few quid.

Rigsby , you have to shake off this Weber thing man! You made a mistake and got caught out, learn from it, simples.

thanks for the reply goody so was i correct in thinking this is how lads working up here are getting away with no basecoats? as i said i always use basecoats but simply cant compete with their prices if i want to use the basecoats. i am quite a fan of using k rend so if poss i wanna stick with k rend topcoat. got a few jobs coming up, all on house brick so could i jus micro it and when dry use k rend at 10mm in 2 passes?

thanks for the reply goody so was i correct in thinking this is how lads working up here are getting away with no basecoats? as i said i always use basecoats but simply cant compete with their prices if i want to use the basecoats. i am quite a fan of using k rend so if poss i wanna stick with k rend topcoat. got a few jobs coming up, all on house brick so could i jus micro it and when dry use k rend at 10mm in 2 passes?

hi owls, thats what im saying im not certain how they getting away with it but they are. could they be using micro? all substrates are mainly house brick so im guessing they just rolling on micro to hold the suction and doing 10mm in 2 passes. would this work?

plasterjfe what does this sbr slurry consist of? is it just a cheaper way than using micro? also, if i use a sbr slurry do you think i can do a 10mm k rend topcoat directly into house brick?

Krend do there own primer called rx7 ,You could apply that then put your two coats of krend on !
Its not as good as using a base coat but it works ! and probly comes out cheaper

spongebob your a star! is the rx7 the same as microgobetis? ive also seen a company go straight over painted bricks on a house but brushed something over the bricks first could this be used for that? cheers for your reply.

hi nickelarse, what is best way to k rend over paint then mate? im new to this but they defs put k rend topcoat straight over brick after brushing something onto the bricks. on the morn it was painted brick, two hours later it was polar white topcoat so defs no basecoats used. also, what is this sbr slurry? is it same as micro? cheers

over paint i think your best off using hpx/12 with mesh bedded in mesh. i think micro is fine for killing suction if uv got a decent key already ie bricks, old blocks etc. sbr slurry mix sand and cement 1-1 with sbr added. brush it on if bricks. if over paint u could roll it and stipple or comb it but i wouldnt use it over paint still.

cheers render systems...does that do exactly the same job as micro? noticed on your site you approved lime applicator. is k lime any good? im told they offer 3, but have been told to use the middle and last of their lime products rather than all 3 of them. got a job to do and lime putty or equilavent MUST be used. it a conservation job! any help appreciated? cheers

cheers again nickelarse, is this sbr slurry an equivalent to using the micro or is this totally for a diff use? just wondering how much sbr i add to the 1:1 of sand and cement, how thick should it be for me to brush it on? oh, and cann i use any type of sand? if i was to use the micro for example am i correct in thinking this can also be used if the substrate has no key like a smooth brick? im told if the suction is too great then give it 2 coats of micro and if there is no suction to give it 1 coat of micro. how does this sound to you? cheers

jus one more thing nickelarse...am i right in thinking if the substrate is new blockwork i can go straight over it? if i was unsure i guess a quick going over with the micro or equivalent wouldnt hurt? cheers

cheers again nickelarse, is this sbr slurry an equivalent to using the micro or is this totally for a diff use? just wondering how much sbr i add to the 1:1 of sand and cement, how thick should it be for me to brush it on? oh, and cann i use any type of sand? if i was to use the micro for example am i correct in thinking this can also be used if the substrate has no key like a smooth brick? im told if the suction is too great then give it 2 coats of micro and if there is no suction to give it 1 coat of micro. how does this sound to you? cheers

theyre different because u add cement to the sbr slurry and micro hasnt got cement in it. it needs to be like bonding kind of consistency. ul soon find out coz if its too stiff or wet its a pain in the arse or very messy. u can micro over smooth bricks but again id use a pre rend. micro more for killing suction or over a lintel or something. not a whole elevation. iv never given anything 2 coats or micro personally. one decent coat should be enough.

sorry mate just read your last post!! sorry if doing ya head in jus ignore me if ya cant be a***d :) just always worked for myself so love learning from the best! like a kid with new toy on here! al give you rest, cheers for ya help anyway.

jus one more thing nickelarse...am i right in thinking if the substrate is new blockwork i can go straight over it? if i was unsure i guess a quick going over with the micro or equivalent wouldnt hurt? cheers

there would be no need. but if you had a mix of surfaces then go over everything

but if u roll it on high suction blocks it sucks all the liquid out and leaves you with a clogged up roller full of sand.

if this happens do i just carry on rolling it on? dont worry mate the kids r hanging off my arm so going shortly! haha

i spray it personally coz it got right on my tits. could try brushing but would take a while.

right. im going out to get drunk now. ur driving me to drink.

how on earth do you post new thread on here? i cant even remember how i managed to post this thread? anyone help? cheers

spongebob your a star! is the rx7 the same as microgobetis? ive also seen a company go straight over painted bricks on a house but brushed something over the bricks first could this be used for that? cheers for your reply.
Rx7 is similar to unibond in the way you would use it but much stickier and it will kill the suction, Ive used it over painted bricks with no problem but you are still relying on the paint sticking to the wall ,ive used it on smoth concrete aswell !

You saying rx7 no good for over paint spunky? I got told microgobetis can be used if there is too much suction or no suction I.e over paint? What's ya thoughts. I'm sure a company round here uses rx7 over paint on a job I seen done before Xmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.