SBR or Rend Aid

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerousDave

Hi there.

I've just introduced myself in the newcomer section.

I have a very small area to render. It's 1.4 metres by 2.2 metres high. It's been done in dense concrete block half way up and then celcon lightweight block for the other half above that. Strange. I was thinking about scudding with SBR / cement mix and then maybe a very weak sand and cement on top. But I'm a bit worried about the different suction. Would I be better to use rend aid on this? Maybe embed some mesh? If so, could someone advise as to directions for usage. Also. where can I get Rend Aid locally rather than online. And could I use a OCR on this in a nother scenario? Thanks for any advise. Dave

Yes rend aid it with mesh embedded, key and leave for at least 3 days to cure. Top with ocr. Rend aid can go on thin but I am on the generous side so about 2.5m2 a bag. 1m2 per bag of ocr at 10mm will be plenty.

Ignore if you will if it is annoying, don't mind. Just a student looking for info and I see this and it is golden.

Different suction. Celicon lightweight block is aircrete right? Autoclaved aerated concrete? So basically a breeze block. I had to look this up as basic as it is but now that I see these were two different surfaces am I right in thinking that the blocks would absorb a lot more moisture/suction than the concrete?

Weak ass human centipede.

I give you the matrix clone super human centipede 111:

Make it through to about 2 minutes, after that no action movie will ever be awesome enough again compared to the bollywood magic.

I'm only half joking...

Last edited by a moderator:

Even whiteys like inhabit this board should be able to view this.

I could being 1/96th inhuit tribe, but I make allowances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.