Sbr onto scratch coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones10

I'm rendering on a job at min but blockwork is sucking in like mad, was thinking of x3 coats of SBR onto scratch coat, do you reckon this will work?

How about the old fashion hose pipe.

Gave I a good drink but these blocks are sucking so much it's no good. I put sbr over scratch today and topped a panel. Never had to sbr on scratch before hose pipe has always done the job but this one is being a right mare

Just to get this straight in my head. @Bones10
Were the blocks sucking fiercely when applying the scratch coat?
If so did you hose the blocks before carrying on with the scratch coat?
Did you leave the scratch coat to cure before topping?
Did you keep the scratch coat as wet as possible for the first three days during curing?
Was the scratch coat hard before topping?
Or
Did the scratch go on fine without a lot of suction but there was fierce suction when topping?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to get this straight in my head. @Bones10
Were the blocks sucking fiercely when applying the scratch coat?
If so did you hose the blocks before carrying on with the scratch coat?
Did you leave the scratch coat to cure before topping?
Did you keep the scratch coat as wet as possible for the first three days during curing?
Was the scratch coat hard before topping?
Or
Did the scratch go on fine without a lot of suction but there was fierce suction when topping?

Soaked the blocks as norm and scratched, it didn't seem to suck much when applying scratch. Leftist 5days as I norm do was spot on ready to go hose down scratch and topped, but it sucked in quite quick all on by 11 Finn float at 2pm, went bk in morn(sat) to light spray but was cracked to hell, baffled by why it happened, I put sbr onto scratch today and topped a panel so will see if helped tomorrow morn

have had this problem before, it was a crap loamy, silty sand-are you using a sand you havn't used before?

An sand is fine I only use farringdon sand(best around my area) used it for 10 yrs. yea I'm stumped as never known it to happen. Wondered if any of you guys had same thing, I want to give up s&c but customers are so tight around here they won't pay out for mono etc

Status
Not open for further replies.