sbr and scratch coat

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solway

Ok here it goes.Can u brush on an sbr slurry coat,leave to dry and apply the sand/cement scratch coat the next day,or do you have to apply the scratch coat while the slurry coat is wet/tacky.

Tacky dude same principle when you pva when skimming you want it to adhere as opposed to sitting on the top where so many people get wrong

Ok here it goes.Can u brush on an sbr slurry coat,leave to dry and apply the sand/cement scratch coat the next day,or do you have to apply the scratch coat while the slurry coat is wet/tacky.

I go over it the next day, but I mix a bit of grano dust into my slurry coat :RpS_thumbup:

what are you going over ?

2 cement 1 sbr mixed to a yoghurt kind of consistency and err, throw in a bit of grano until it is similar to thistlebondit/plasprime/betakontakt etc. You'll know when it's right. Small batches.
Apply with a stiff-ish brush :RpS_thumbup:

Id be going over a mass concrete wall.Its a big enough area and it would be hard to scratch coat the wall and sbr at the same time as the sbr would be drying,so I was going to sbr slurry coat it all 1 day and scratch the next.Was also thinking of sprinkling down the slurry coat the next day prior to scratch coating with a watered down mix of sbr,say 2 parts water to 1 part sbr and scratch when tacky.....any takers

Status
Not open for further replies.