Sand cement

Multifinnish on sand cement. Board finish only on board. Damp. Down the s/c first if it's been on a while or just give it couple of coats of water down pva.
absolute bollox

just because it says board finish on a bag does not means it's just for plasterboard
you can use either finish on anything, the only difference between multi and board finish is you get a bit more working time with multi...board finish sets a bit quicker on board as it's classed as a low suction background.
even BG's own guidelines state to use board finish on their Dri-coat when dried out which is guess what? cement based and dampen with water first

Last edited:
I'm still baffled as saying board and sand@cement is practically same background.this place cracks me up.so in theory you can leave sand@cement backing with no mechanical key whatsoever..

I'm still baffled as saying board and sand@cement is practically same background.this place cracks me up.so in theory you can leave sand@cement backing with no mechanical key whatsoever..
Depends how you float , surface should be covered in small holes if not polished or wet trowelled

I’m going back Wednesday to skim the S/C it’ll have been 5 days I’m guessing they’ll be fare bit of suction on the walls , I’m going to use Thistle , I’ll skim the reveal just to see suction & go from there .

Lol I use sand and cement all the time also use board finish and have even skimmed same day, you lot of board and skim guys have no clue
52364D15-C707-42AC-97A7-777F49E4EA88.jpeg

Attachments

• BC6AEBBB-8F75-4473-B27D-B0A49389EB35.jpeg
    BC6AEBBB-8F75-4473-B27D-B0A49389EB35.jpeg
    787.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Lol I use sand and cement all the time also use board finish and have even skimmed same day, you lot of board and skim guys have no clue
I'm not referring to suction etc im referring to its better not to have a s**t key and misses all over,for then for people to say that's bolloxs and then comparing it to plasterboard is amusing and to think they are billy big bolloxs also

I've also skimmed nxt day aswell and it was fine,Troweled up lovely
I've also skimmed nxt day aswell and it was fine,Troweled up lovely
i was going to skim it today as I top coated it Friday , but after speaking to a few on here they said leave it a while longer , it’s always going to be a guessing game as it’s had some slurry on it prior to scratch coat & top coat . I’ll be honest & let you know how it went .

I’m going back Wednesday to skim the S/C it’ll have been 5 days I’m guessing they’ll be fare bit of suction on the walls , I’m going to use Thistle , I’ll skim the reveal just to see suction & go from there .
It's Christmas just wet it down with a couple bottles of champagne.

Personally I thought the guys key was adequate its down to the person doing the job some people disagree on it and would give it more key,been donkeys since I've did any floating with s+c I always loved it when I was able to float with the same mix aswell it becomes one coat and cures altogether lovely to skim when cured