Sand Cement Ratio for Internal Render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevewils

Hi All,

I have a new ceiling on my utility room. Where the old ceiling was removed, and the new one fitted, there is a gap round the edges, and also some holese wall ties have been removed.

The original walls were sand/cement rendered and I now need to fill in the gaps before I board the ceiling. What ratio of sand/cement render do I need, do I need to use plasterers sand or as I only have a small area to do can I get away with building sand? and do I need any plasticiser?

I've looked online and everwhere seems to have a different opinion so thought I would ask the pro's.

Thanks for the help.

Not sure it matters what material you use if the gap is less than about 2 inches, use scrim on the edges of the ceiling to tie the wall to the ceiling.

Plastering sand at five sand to one cement, you could use half of this as building sand

What type of sand would the other half be? plasterers sand? I have lots of building sand and sharp sand left over so the questions was based around using that rather than having to go out and buy more sand. Tight or what!

Thanks.

What type of sand would the other half be? plasterers sand? I have lots of building sand and sharp sand left over so the questions was based around using that rather than having to go out and buy more sand. Tight or what!

Thanks.
Sharp and building ,half and half is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.