Sand cement/lime no freeflo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmac86

Well just about to start a job rendering outside an apartment block when the Clark off works told that no chemicals in the mix just sand cement and lime I told him there no chance it would work but he said that's the way it has to be off course I didn't listen I just hid the gallon off freeflo any body else heard this nonsense he making the blockies do the same so there using the good old fairy liquid lol

Please correct me if I am wrong but if its got cement in it it's not lime plastering.

Is it?

Sounds like a bunch of idiots on your site bricklayers included, fairy liquid to make it smell nice, you are asking about rendering working and ranting about lime work, what you say makes no sense at all to me. But if it makes sense to you ,you are special

this clerk of the works is talking about mortar also known as lime sand.
you where able to purchase lime sand, mixed 6 of sand 1 of lime from a sand quarry. you kept the lime sand heap covered with a tarpaulin to try to keep it moist. when you knocked up in the mixer you added the cement and water, no feb or other additives. you could use this for external or internal
on internal you did have to turn back and set the floating within a couple days as the suction would be very strong. which is not recommended for sand and cement floating.
i have not seen lime sand for years and like sand and cement floating is a thing of the past

Last edited:
Oh and the brickies are ****@n it up too,the hairy lip squid will weaken the mortar and is wrong so grow up.

the stuff your refering to was called "ready mix" in my experience, lime is pre mixed with the sand , just add portland cement as malc said,
However the clerk is correct in saying no additives, they arn't needed, and they weaken the mix,
Ready mix was always a lovely "fatty " mix and i cant imagine why you would want any additives ?

Status
Not open for further replies.