Sand blasting

Members online

No members online now.

Putzmiester

Has anyone ever used a sand blasting company to strip of old paint before rendering ?
Seems like a good idea to me.Any thoughts guys

Has anyone ever used a sand blasting company to strip of old paint before rendering ?
Yes I have done it. The client wanted all the paint off then any cracks repaired. Then we applied PAREX meshed system .
It is a far better job but am sure it would have been ok to go over the paint

Yes a couple of times. Works well.

They dont mind masrory paint but the black bitumen paint is hard to get off as the shot bounces off it.

I've seen people use chemical peel away to good effect. Comes on rolls similar to floor/window protection,

I've not seen that but I bet it works to good effect, anyone seen one of those Refina surface scabbler being used? They look alright.

How much mess does it make? I sand blast car parts and the soda shot is a bitch to clear up for months after

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yes and ill definitely use it again

We done needle guns, strip gel, spinners etc and its a 50/50 game.

Shot blasting clears the lot.

Its messy no matter how well sheeted the scaffold is but so is hacking off, spinning, and gunning.

Gels clean but doesn't always work.

Just priced one that needs shot blasting first as rend aid instructions say don't go over paint. I have put rend aid onto a painted out building previously and has been sound but this jobs too big to risk any fcuk ups.

Yes a couple of times. Works well.

They dont mind masrory paint but the black bitumen paint is hard to get off as the shot bounces off it.

ive had one of those recently on bitumen paint, but they used tumbled recycled glass, and on impact, it just delaminated.