Sand and cement question

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

2985mark

What's the best way to sand and cement on a internal wall and and ratio and could you tell me what else you put in with it. As all people are diff envy and want to find the best way thanks

Depends on background, and why your using render.

If after DPC you will need to follow the installers spec or you could lose any warranty offered.

DPC firms usually have a spec to follow something like

reinstate wall plaster using 3-1 salt free washed sharp sand to BS XXXX and cement, containing OUR waterproof additive blah blah blah.

The amount of waterproofer will depend on with one you are using. It will normally say on the container.

The amount will be either a ratio of waterproofer to water. So many ml to a litre of water.

Or waterproofer to cement, so many ml to a kg of cement.

Normally we use 3-1 s+c and skim with board when cured, but this does alter from time to time.

The thread "damp proofing and plastering" which is an old thread and possibly a sticky,
i havent checked, is a closed thread just wondered why thats all.

The thread "damp proofing and plastering" which is an old thread and possibly a sticky,
i havent checked, is a closed thread just wondered why thats all.

Yes its a thread from TPF Information guides section. Yes its a sticky. Started by Bigsegs in 2009.

stardrops are better than fairy liquid by a mile, and also its advisable to urinate in the mixing water at this time of year to stop keens developing, get the labourer to riddle the sand to 0.02 grain size, before adding the dry hydrated lime,

3-1 what a load of shite who thought that up , Hmm I know in times past when lime was used for rendering. One of lime to 3 parts sand to fill the voids in the mix, and so they think this is also correct today useing cement.

Use whatever it says in the specs, no comeback then.
Usually use 5.1 and Sika MaxMix additive.

Cow slurry is a good additive as well, local farmyards are a good source. One bucket of slurry to one bag of cement. Definitely good sh*t :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.