Sand and cement problems

K87D

Hi,
Just seeing if any of you on here can give me some advice.

Just done a sand and cement render.
Scratch coat 3-1 with SBR in mix

Top coat 4-1 with cemtentone free flo. ( right amount added )

Pryer to putting top coat on I have soaked the scratch coat down with water. Problem is it's drying to quick so when I have been rubbing it up, it's dry and have to flick water. Sponging doesn't seem to make it look any better like it should.

Any advice would be appreciated

On high suction float up with a rubber float. If you go on YouTube Kirk Giordano videos explain the mechanics of it. Best advice I've ever had and I'm pushing 60!

Yes as stated before 3-1 Is far too strong for the scratch coat .What background is it on ?

Your right you have got a real problem with sand and cement if your thinking about it at 3:48am and a bigger one again if your trying to run it up at that time :eek:

Hi,

Pryer to putting top coat on I have soaked the scratch coat down with water. Problem is it's drying to quick so when I have been rubbing it up, it's dry and have to flick water. Sponging doesn't seem to make it look any better like it should.

Gauge is a bit strong if your on termo blocks you are buggered.

Hi,

Whats the substate ? Base coat needs water proofer in aswell not just top coat if rubbing smooth !

Hi,

Run like f**k

Hi,

Scratch coat has to be at least 14mm then no drying out quick when you wet the wall down

Hi,