same mix?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
What chegwin said ^^ I could do a house laying in same mix and one with fresh gear and I can guarantee you wouldn't know the difference in quality between them.

Large area then 2nd mix is nice and handy and fresh.
Couple of bags job then mix it all up at once.
Both finish the same IMO

Problem with the same mix is if you dont close in the first coat properly you will get the trowel marks bleeding through. A fresh mix is more forgiving. I've done both and I'd lean to separate mixes.

Same mix who gives a fuk

I use to use knauf mp finish years ago when it was Fp90 and before that multi and remember that it was perfect for this as you could knock it up again when it had stiffened in the bucket to lay on second coat nice and creamy.

Yeah I was guessing that, the board work must be spot on for you to get that coverage.
A lot of the time with the s**t I have to follow I have to mix two bags up just to first coat an area of 25 to 30!!
(That's where the sponge comes in lol)
I very rarely skim anyone else's board work Tbf ,not meaning to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet,I probably dab n tac half the amount of the site boys in a day but make sure it's tidy.

Problem with the same mix is if you dont close in the first coat properly you will get the trowel marks bleeding through. A fresh mix is more forgiving. I've done both and I'd lean to separate mixes.
Disagree with you there pal it's the same mix so it all sets together were if you layed down with a fresh mix then yes you would have the first coat grinning through if you didn't flatten I between coats

Just put whats left of your first mix in the fridge so it doesnt go off then back out the fridge and run drill thro it while drinking a couple of cans of beer from the same fridge (need a big fridge mind) if you drink enough you dont bother second coating so tip it down the sink or toilet and drink some more cans sponge or wet yard brush first coat and give it a once over job done !! :birra: :inocente:

Just put whats left of your first mix in the fridge so it doesnt go off then back out the fridge and run drill thro it while drinking a couple of cans of beer from the same fridge (need a big fridge mind) if you drink enough you dont bother second coating so tip it down the sink or toilet and drink some more cans sponge or wet yard brush first coat and give it a once over job done !! :birra: :inocente:
Just make sure you get paid up in full before you start [emoji106][emoji106]

As ever

If you know what you're doing,

then you know what you're doing.

Same gear for 2nd or fresh gear. Depends on suction, metreage, fiddly angles, weather access, sockets, furniture and shite in the way, every days a different day.

Mix it up!

As ever

If you know what you're doing,

then you know what you're doing.

Same gear for 2nd or fresh gear. Depends on suction, metreage, fiddly angles, weather access, sockets, furniture and shite in the way, every days a different day.

Mix it up!
So damn true

Status
Not open for further replies.