same day scrap

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albertnobacon

Hi guys, just checking if anyone out there is managing to get away with a same day scrap, I'm using weber pral m with temperatures between 8s and 10s doing next day rub and its a bit hard but ok, th problem is we are losing so much time due to the fact that you have to make sure you have two dry days in a row(afternoon and next morning) so was thinking accelerator and same day as it staying lighter in the evenings. Any thoughts? Many thanks.

Albert weber do a liquid accelerator which you could use if it's 5deg an you use that it would be like scraping in 20deg mate

I have used Wickes frost proofer before on a unofficial get it done today job. Really fast. Didn't crack either.

Wouldn't use it on a proper job though.

Did same day scrap today with wicks rapid hardner(unofficially)used two tubs to about 60 bags. Full mesh, 15mm beads. Finished at 5 but was really forcing it, not sure if using enough hardner but I just don't think it gives the 20 degree setting times it states.

Was that on Weber? Remember it will set full of water as in summer at 20c there will be some evaporation so it will appear drier or wetter at this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.