s*p*r*lex vs plazzifllex

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guyss ive never used either but was just wondering whats better out of the refina plazziflex and s*p*r*lex, from what ive read they sound similar. currently have a few mts that have gone out of shape

Hi Benny ( great surname by the way) I got a stainless s*p*r*lex which will be christened tomorrow I'm be posting up my opinions on it then :RpS_thumbup: I've heard good cases for both but some say the plastic blades on the other trowel damage easily?? That's why I opted for the stainless one, hope this helps for now?

Got the japanese trowel clayman was talking about but its a little sore on the fingers brilliant for scraping the corners back.cheers for opinions guys let me know marshy

I used my s*p*r*lex today and thought it was poo and went back to my month old skimming trowel which was a lot better

i dont know why but my homemade fire exit sign and 1 coat seems better than all the manufactured tools ive tried.
but just now id rather sit in my garage looking at it and drink !!!

the s*p*r*lex is unreal. its that good its scary. had a semi on today while using it. been using a 16 inch for the last week and just ordered a 14 inch today. find i dont use the ****** plazie anymore. or the speedskim. maybe i'll go back to them ... :RpS_unsure:

for the moment its just the trowel, like it was before i found this forum ..... its like spreading butter ....

I would imagine its that same a the superfelx trowel only twice as big. Been using it for over a year and you can trowel up with it. Same rules they are very delicate

for the last 3-4 months I have been using eze spat 600mm and 800mm on ceilings and walls (reskims mainly) and im very impressed to say the least, I've got both plastic blade and flexi blade and in my opinion there exactly the same as a s*p*r*lex trowel only bigger, same idea get over gear quicker and when its a touch softer than trowelling with a MT trowel ,only fault is going over it too quick can cause stripes, but that been said its all personnel choice (marmite).I like it and saves getting on stilts all time, but you still need to tidy ceiling lines with a trowel but that don't take long , I trowel up with a stainless s*p*r*lex and there is no difference in closing gear in between spat or trowel ,as a older spread I am enjoying the ease some of these gadgets are making my job , if you can finish with a MT trowel you will find it easier with a stainless s*p*r*lex and final flick with a plazzy ,thanks tpf for letting me see the light:RpS_thumbsup:

to tell you the truth I didn't want to spend a lot to through it in skip , I haven't tried regina one but if these are anything to go by I will happily buy one

for the last 3-4 months I have been using eze spat 600mm and 800mm on ceilings and walls (reskims mainly) and im very impressed to say the least, I've got both plastic blade and flexi blade and in my opinion there exactly the same as a s*p*r*lex trowel only bigger, same idea get over gear quicker and when its a touch softer than trowelling with a MT trowel ,only fault is going over it too quick can cause stripes, but that been said its all personnel choice (marmite).I like it and saves getting on stilts all time, but you still need to tidy ceiling lines with a trowel but that don't take long , I trowel up with a stainless s*p*r*lex and there is no difference in closing gear in between spat or trowel ,as a older spread I am enjoying the ease some of these gadgets are making my job , if you can finish with a MT trowel you will find it easier with a stainless s*p*r*lex and final flick with a plazzy ,thanks tpf for letting me see the light:RpS_thumbsup:

Do u use water when u use the eze spat

Do u use water when u use the eze spat
No mate none required ,the water I use is to clean angles and that's it , same as trowel but bigger , if it go's too firm 18 s*p*r*lex comes out to help catch up but that hasn't happened often only when I have put too much on or a lot of awkward areas

No mate none required ,the water I use is to clean angles and that's it , same as trowel but bigger , if it go's too firm 18 s*p*r*lex comes out to help catch up but that hasn't happened often only when I have put too much on or a lot of awkward areas

I use the s*p*r*lex 14' I love it. I spray mpfinish have u used the eze spat on it.

I use the eze spat and r plazzi only use mt to put on ,gonna get a ss s*p*r*lex trowel to try as with plazzie you need to be real careful around beads but found them great to use the difference is in the timing get that right you won't look back

I use the s*p*r*lex 14' I love it. I spray mpfinish have u used the eze spat on it.

no mate, but there is no reason why the eze spat wouldn't work , be careful how big you go though , you still apply pressure and anything over 1000mm will take some holding pushing and manoeuvring without digging in, just my opinion ,the eze spat with flexi-blade is flexible just like your trowel and same finish in bigger strokes , thumbs up from me , multi/board finish is all I have used it on hand applied @Curry is your man for spray and spat

Last edited by a moderator:
Am in Ireland mate. Not working was suppose to start 2 months work for a builder I do work 4 but the poor **** had a stroke on Friday so all work is on hold.
@spunky

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.