s*p*r*lex trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
has any one tried one yet does it make life any easier using it or just a gimmick was thinkin of giving one a whirl cheers

Refina took my money for one last week, hasn't turned up yet, been too busy to ring a moan about it...

my'n can to day will tets it out next week, to be fair i spoke to the main man on the phone at refina and they dint have a clue how it was used and what use it has.. it says to use after sponge on the flyer!

here is a short vis of it for any one intrested ill let you all know how i get on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXUnh66BuVI

Last edited by a moderator:
my'n can to day will tets it out next week, to be fair i spoke to the main man on the phone at refina and they dint have a clue how it was used and what use it has.. It says to use after sponge on the flyer!

Here is a short vis of it for any one intrested ill let you all know how i get on

youtube - vid 00015 20101029 2118

for f**k sake oasis turn the light on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Oasis,

I saw your new s*p*r*lex trowel on YouTube, The handle should be inserted the opposite way to the way you have it. However, if for any reason the edge gets damaged you can certainly use it as shown, to take advantage of the other edge.

Some people are naturally wondering if they are a gimmick, you be the judge, they are the result of years of trials. They are for use in most situations but you should definitely see the advantages when working with curved surfaces.

I hope this isn't construed as advertising, it's just meant to be helpful.

Regards,
Plazzy.

Last edited by a moderator:
no where to be seen now mate , looks they just want to advertise and go , didnt jimfish throw in a few freebies ?

I always give my freebies a thorough testing and always write a glowing review about them.. :RpS_sleep:

barry is it the all metal one in refina they just sent me a new cat but the plastic ones arnt in it are the metal ones just the same

Refina dont even know how to use them I’ve been on the phone to them last week, clue less.. told me some guy in Liverpool designed them tested them for 18 months and that he feels you can lay on with them.. then he said i feel you can only finish with them? in the flyer it says use after sponging up?????

Clue less I’ll let you know what they’re good for next week

Thats not a good sign when they haven't got a clue about it. So it's only worth getting if you do alot of curved surfaces?

iv wrote on the old forums about buying a 18" sponge and 14" plastic, got it 1 and half weeks ago now and after working with steel trowels the 4 years being new to the game, they have made working alot easyer, faster, with better results, no drag or resistance using the plastic trowels. i bought mine of the liverpool guy who designed them but i got a different handle to refina's one, iv been laying on from start to finish using them with greats results prephaps phone sells people are only there just to take orders and not got a clue about plasterering in general? am looking into getting a 24" replacement blade from refinas website for bigger surfaces http://www.refina.co.uk/pdf10/tools_superflex_plastic_trowel.pdf

y not mate is there is somthing that can save us 20% on time it will make me 20% in the bank :)

iv wrote on the old forums about buying a 18" sponge and 14" plastic, got it 1 and half weeks ago now and after working with steel trowels the 4 years being new to the game, they have made working alot easyer, faster, with better results, no drag or resistance using the plastic trowels. i bought mine of the liverpool guy who designed them but i got a different handle to refina's one, iv been laying on from start to finish using them with greats results prephaps phone sells people are only there just to take orders and not got a clue about plasterering in general? am looking into getting a 24" replacement blade from refinas website for bigger surfaces http://www.refina.co.uk/pdf10/tools_superflex_plastic_trowel.pdf

so u lay on with plastic then sopnge it up and finish with plastic? y do you need to sponge it?

Surley if the blade is too flexy, you can't feel what's going on, ie, how thick or thin you are laying it on ?. Some months ago I bought a flexy scraper thing, as i had to skim a thin band around the top of a wall, about 6'' above the top of the tiles, not tiled to the ceiling, hence the gap to reskim, the flexy blade was useless for laying on.........................good for scraping the floor though !

barry is it the all metal one in refina they just sent me a new cat but the plastic ones arnt in it are the metal ones just the same

I got a catologue the other week after buying some bushes for my mixer then they sent the receipt seperate with a slip of paper advertising the trowel must of just missed the print for the catologue.

i spoke to the guy from refina who is ment to know all.. it wouldnt surprise me if he put them in the floor scraping section as he is clueless

ey up all, the plastic s*p*r*lex trowels are the business if used right, dont use them for putting on, just finishing, i have 3 different sizes, and i would not use steel again, just watch out for catching the corners of the beads

Status
Not open for further replies.