s*p*r*lex review

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless , it's more about the operator than the tool as most women will tell you , this myth created on here about super flexes and speed skims Are manna for the sellers and danny , most spreads are stupid and those who want to be are even dumber . People who can't spread are asking about these tools thinking that the tool will know what to do, heads up fools it won't

Very interesting view there John.

We always say it's not the trowel that makes you a good plasterer but the guy who is holding it. Anyone who thinks a trowel is suddenly going to make you the best in the west is a little delusional

The NELA s*p*r*lex has been made and designed to aid the plasterer to achieve the disired level of finish easier with less strain on the body.

That's the same for any of these spats. It's not a myth it has been proved and thousands can see this

These tools are great but it's the hands it's the eyes it's the experience , you give these tools to a guy 2 yrs in the game and tell me you'll put your name to his work on a ceiling like you have done .

I can see your point with this but it could potentially be the new way of learning... The trade is adapting and changing constantly. I think if it makes your life easier and you make a good job then it's a winner.

Very interesting view there John.

We always say it's not the trowel that makes you a good plasterer but the guy who is holding it. Anyone who thinks a trowel is suddenly going to make you the best in the west is a little delusional

The NELA s*p*r*lex has been made and designed to aid the plasterer to achieve the disired level of finish easier with less strain on the body.

That's the same for any of these spats. It's not a myth it has been proved and thousands can see this
I Agree and I use these or similar tools , great for an old boy like me .the myth was the belief that a skill is in the purchase when it's the experienced hand and the person who wants to leave a good job like olican can ,

I can see your point with this but it could potentially be the new way of learning... The trade is adapting and changing constantly. I think if it makes your life easier and you make a good job then it's a winner.
It will be the new way to learn that's a given and it will dumb down an already trade that has lost respect from builders ,your point of view is as a seller so minimally biased ha ha

Is it just me but I couldn't hear what you were saying when you were troweling up. Went a bit trippy and could hear a funny beeping sound. Good effort with the review though oli. You'll definitely be on Ryan's Christmas card list.

It will be the new way to learn that's a given and it will dumb down an already trade that has lost respect from builders ,your point of view is as a seller so minimally biased ha ha

Yea it is biased but I have to be ;-) Also believe in the products a lot so will back them.

No trowel in the world will make you an amazing spread, that's just down to the individual. But the NELA will certainly help you along the way ;-)

These tools are great but it's the hands it's the eyes it's the experience , you give these tools to a guy 2 yrs in the game and tell me you'll put your name to his work on a ceiling like you have done . @Olican

I totally agree with you John, these or any tools are a benefit to experienced plasterers. I would never claim they simplify the job, just that they make it easier for competent plasterer.

Is it just me but I couldn't hear what you were saying when you were troweling up. Went a bit trippy and could hear a funny beeping sound. Good effort with the review though oli. You'll definitely be on Ryan's Christmas card list.

Lol I talked all the time whilst rubbing up not knowing the headcam was in a case and not picking up the sound.

oli is laying on the multi a lot thicker then we do. but again we do not use a speedskim on multi.
in europe they spray the self finishing plaster on, then run over it once with a speedskim and that is finished.

Fair play to Ryan. I've worked with a couple of different new spreads lately (skimmers) and they talk about and treat the nela like it's Willy Wonkas golden ticket. Takes some good marketing and hard work to compete with Marshalltown and Refina. Both having been selling very good trowels for decades. Good on him I say :laola:
P.s. No offers of freebies have been expressed or implied preceding my comments :D

I agree to a point... you need trowel craft so that you know how it all works and then once you know how to use a trowel you can then find easier ways of doing things....

I don't think it's a good idea to teach people to use spats or plastic at college...

But @johniosaif you must be knackered still mixing up with a podge all day... after all the electric mixer deskIlled labourers and made plasterers lives easier...

What kind of gloves are them I struggle to plaster with gloves on but they look quite thin where do yo get them from. By the way the job looks soooooooper

I agree to a point... you need trowel craft so that you know how it all works and then once you know how to use a trowel you can then find easier ways of doing things....

I don't think it's a good idea to teach people to use spats or plastic at college...

But @johniosaif you must be knackered still mixing up with a podge all day... after all the electric mixer deskIlled labourers and made plasterers lives easier...
It's not the same thing as anyone who plasters for a living would know..labourers are unskilled hence the term labourer,to some a plasterer is someone who can skim an 8 ft wall and then write a blog about it.

What kind of gloves are them I struggle to plaster with gloves on but they look quite thin where do yo get them from. By the way the job looks soooooooper
toolstation do them for £1.50 odd a pair or you can buy of ebay cheaper in bulk. Very thin, can still feel the trowel (y)

I use those surgeon gloves when floor tiling and grouting, very thin, but they do make your hands sweat, and every time you take them off you need a new pair... never plastered in gloves tho... nice ceiling that oli...

Status
Not open for further replies.