rusty trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.

horse

to stop a carbon steel trowel from rusting dip in a bucket of water then dip into a bag of hydrated lime. in the morning give it a wash and i'll gaurentee there is no rust

i got one of them 18 inch trowels from wickes.to embarrassed to pull it out of me bag now.it well rusty the little tinker it is ::)

i like carbon trowels it does my head in when you go in a shop and its all stainless :(

i bought a 20 pound 18inc out of b an q for putting on , best buy i ever got, got all other marshalltown trowl hawk, 6inc, 12in but cant beat the cheap one,

You dont have to spend a lot they all do the same job,its what you find comfortable that matters.All trowels do the same job " plaster ".
The only trowel that matters really is the polishing trowel it need to be well used for best results

GAZ said:
i bought a 20 pound 18inc out of b an q for putting on , best buy i ever got, got all other marshalltown trowl hawk, 6inc, 12in but cant beat the cheap one,

How do you put mix on with that bad boy? Its longer than you're hawk! I tried it once and it was a joke. My mate trowels up with one on the first flatten but i still think it leaves too many lines!

Status
Not open for further replies.