Rusty beads solution.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olican

Private Member
Evening all, been asked to advise/price up the job pictured below. The beads are all rusting through on 5 windows 1 door. All have bands around. For me the best solution is hack out , re-bead with pvc and finish with a new band. I think this will be pretty pricy. I was wondering if anyone had any other solutions. I vaguely remember seeing a decorator fixing this problem once years ago but cant remember his course of action. The render is solid so Ive considered removing paint, pvc bead over the top of whats there but would the rust still bleed through. Any thoughts please :RpS_thumbsup: @Rigsby @owls @essexandy @keithuk @DavetheDog
@anyonewhocanbearsed
@******

Thanks in advance chaps :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
You could paint all the walls rusty colour........................................:RpS_thumbup:....................................:RpS_blushing: soz Olli

You could paint all the walls rusty colour........................................:RpS_thumbup:....................................:RpS_blushing: soz Olli

problem solved.........cheers Arti :RpS_thumbsup:

is there not paints that would cover it , oil based with stain proofer ?

just thinking out loud!!

not much help i know but wish i had thought of this threads title as a forum name :RpS_thumbup:

Hammerite will cover strait onto rust, then plastic bead over n render, or nip off points / tips of rusty beads with mini grinder and plastic bead n render over ? unless hammerite or rust eat paint will be smooth enough finish to match with finished colour paint ?

Cut them out Oli and start again mate ,that way you will have no come back imo
That was my first thought Keith and that's what I'll be quoting for. I just thought I'd ask if anyone had a solution which might save the client some cost. She is a widow and I think her late husband used to care if these things. Thanks for replying bud :RpS_thumbsup:

That was my first thought Keith and that's what I'll be quoting for. I just thought I'd ask if anyone had a solution which might save the client some cost. She is a widow and I think her late husband used to care if these things. Thanks for replying bud :RpS_thumbsup:

Don't be giving Keith all the credit. Cos clearly my solution is the best and most cost effective :)

Yours was best option by far and I'll be putting forward to client....when can you start? :thumbup:

Try Jenolite from your local car parts shop. Scrape paint off beads and paint on the Jenolite. Then re paint. It may look a bit scabbie but if the customer wants to have a cheap solution.....Let them decide

failing that, get a time machine off ebay and go back and use SS beads

You can borrow it ,don,t bend it
Rusty beads solution.

Try Jenolite from your local car parts shop. Scrape paint off beads and paint on the Jenolite. Then re paint. It may look a bit scabbie but if the customer wants to have a cheap solution.....Let them decide

failing that, get a time machine off ebay and go back and use SS beads

Are them beads, evil germany ones....................:RpS_unsure:

Cheers Eddie :RpS_thumbsup: Will look at that

its not the perfect solution but cheap and cheerfull. (£5). Do one window and see what she thinks. I've used it over rusty re bar, it solidifies and will make bead look a bit rough but hey, does she want to spend £500/£1000 on rendering.
Johnio, if she's fit Ive got 1st dibs :RpS_laugh:

Is she young enough,fit,worth a few bob, should I have a look? Professional like...

its not the perfect solution but cheap and cheerfull. (£5). Do one window and see what she thinks. I've used it over rusty re bar, it solidifies and will make bead look a bit rough but hey, does she want to spend £500/£1000 on rendering.

Tag team? :RpS_unsure: I'll be ref

I have you lined up for £130 a day less tax ,money isn't everything

hammerites a good shout, you can get it in white now aswell.
or acrylic over it with a thin coat after chopping out the galv beads.

Status
Not open for further replies.