running 240v from a van

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesssop

has anyone got an inverter set up in there van running 240v so they can run say there mixer ect? if so how did you set it up?

(now im sitting here waiting for some dumbarse to tell me they have a genny)

Was thinking of doing that in my landy for the kettle but bout a petrol stove and whistling kettle instead as was cheaper :RpS_thumbup:

Think you need to change you battery as well mate?? There's kits on Maplin website according to Landyzone they use em to plug angle grinders in etc drills etc :RpS_thumbup:

The only thing that comes to mind to me is health an safety. 240 volt on a building site with all that water about?

So where does the mixer come in then. Every job is a site surely even at home . why risk your life or anyone else who might get electocuted from a fault or bad connection. Electric and water are a very bad mix surely

So where does the mixer come in then. Every job is a site surely even at home . why risk your life or anyone else who might get electocuted from a fault or bad connection. Electric and water are a very bad mix surely
are you for real? i think your just trying to wind me up? iv been using electric mixers for over a decade and im not dead:rolleyes)

Nothing wrong with 240v man. Every home runs on it. Modern installations will trip out before any real damage is done. If your worried just put a circuit breaker on!
Some people don't half worry about things.
Whatever happened to the do what it takes to get the job done attitude?

Its people like this fellamaking health and safety as daft as it is. We will all have to go to work in bubble wrap suits soon

I think you would struggle with getting enough wattage to run a mixer from an inverter.

I think you would struggle with getting enough wattage to run a mixer from an inverter.
you can get them to run a rave off i just wondered what the set up is iv been reading you need another battery and a couple of other bits

You know the score @airbourne, sparky comes to your job on a refurb and says he's knocking the electric off for couple of hours!? Not a problem I say and get my stainless whistling kettle and petrol stove out!! :RpS_thumbup:

I set up a dual battery in our campervan in australia :)

it powered my laptop and fan it was pucker :D

A home improvement company I fo eork for had 1 set up he had a leasure battery setup in back of van obviously charged when engine running separate to normal battery he had an inverter running with a small microwave and 240v socket never tried mixer and transformer off it but sds drill worked no bother ideal in some situations

Status
Not open for further replies.