ruling off with speedskim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i rarely do rendering and to be honest i don't find ruling off an easy thing to do, don't know wether i'm hitting it too early or what i just wondered if the speedskim would make life easier

i rarely do rendering and to be honest i don't find ruling off an easy thing to do, don't know wether i'm hitting it too early or what i just wondered if the speedskim would make life easier
Only experience makes it easier, you get a feel for how its done, even the very experienced have different approaches and finishes for rendering. I would leave the speed skim out of it for now if I were you.

Interesting reading here cos the ad's for the speedskim on youtube show a fella using one on render and tbh i thought it looked a bit ropey

Sorry Fatarm previous post was meant for you this t'internet stuff is all a bit quick for me

... Yeah raggles, just watched the vid? That mob look ruff as feck eh?:-0

It was just i didn't like the way is was opening up the face of the render was all. personally when i do render i will use the derby when tyrolene is going on and for a plain rendered wall i always use straight edge cos i feel i get a better finish with the straight edge. especially on north facing wall as the sun is going down if you know what i mean

It does say to rule off straight away in the user guide, looks like the guy is using the speedskim instead of rubbing up to me

I prefer to use a serrated edge mate 6 foot. Rule up in over lapping passes then across in the same fashion . Then fill in any low spots . Repeat the ruling till you dnt have any misis on the wall then close up with a spat afterwards as neat as possible. I normally rule once I've coverd and area of a bout 10/15 m2. The more effort you put into your ruling the easier it will be for rubbing up later mate and naturally you will have the flattest finish possible . Gud luck pal

I prefer to use a serrated edge mate 6 foot. Rule up in over lapping passes then across in the same fashion . Then fill in any low spots . Repeat the ruling till you dnt have any misis on the wall then close up with a spat afterwards as neat as possible. I normally rule once I've coverd and area of a bout 10/15 m2. The more effort you put into your ruling the easier it will be for rubbing up later mate and naturally you will have the flattest finish possible . Gud luck pal
serrated edge 6 foot ,do they make them that long :RpS_scared:

Fair play currier it would have been easier if you said in the first place the speedskim is **** for ruling hardwall rather than making out you don't know what you're doing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.