Rubbish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickHarris

My Skip company has just informed me that it will no longer accept Gypsum waste for landfill.Has anybody found a solution to this problem ??

My Skip company has just informed me that it will no longer accept Gypsum waste for landfill.Has anybody found a solution to this problem ??
@DavetheDog has a ingenious solution to this problem.
His preferred method involves leaving it in bin bags outside wickes or b&q. :) GENIUS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol and if he gets caught he has 'forgot' to put the bag back in , if hes there every week they will either think he has a bad memory , special needs or just daft as a plank lol

Haha ! This is all the Fibrous waste not your Multicrap !!

Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

Nick its the same with Plasterboard etc from what ive heard on site etc ? Ive never had a problem but my rubbish would be all sorts off like a refurb with all the gypsum mixed in ? Lol

you can still take it the tip around here. they have seperate skips for plasterboard / gypsum waste. just take it in your car once every few weeks. that's what i do. unless i see a skip at the side of the road then i will just dump it in that late at night.

Plasterboard made to measure and premixed non gypsum plasters - Sorted

How much does a gypsum skip cost compared to a normal one?

Not 100% on this but a lad i do work for has a skip hire business and he has to send gypsum waste to the same land fill as asbestos if i remember right and that is any kind of gypsum product so, basically if you are hiring a gypsum skip it will prob cost about the same as asbestos except the skip will not have a lid or doors on it.

they have gypsum skips down at the local tip. or is that just where i live. just take it there in your car. if i'm doing a job where there's loads of sh1te already piled up outside waiting to go the tip i'll just bag it and leave it there after explaining i'd have to pay to take trade waste. people are fine with that. usually leave stuff from a few previous jobs as well.

they want it to be recycled :RpS_thumbup: they aint dumping it anymore, at the Knauf day the factory had a fooking mountain of it to be recycled.

My local skip firm just tells me to keep the gypsum stuff to one side of the skip if I have a mixed skip so they can sort it easier back at the transfer station.

dp you take the 10 bottles of milk from her doorstep and the 2 weeks worth of papers bulging out of her letter box too lol
i wish you never said that now im thinking she may be dead:-0 ill check next tuesday after the bin men hav been:RpS_thumbup:

Haha ! This is all the Fibrous waste not your Multicrap !!

Gypsum is Gypsum :rolleyes)

Plasterboard made to measure and premixed non gypsum plasters - Sorted

How much does a gypsum skip cost compared to a normal one?

I was quoted double for a gypsum only skip fcuk that!!
By me Some skip company's don't say anything, then some say 10% gypsum allowed in the skip, anymore than 10% & they charge you lol.

Surely you should be able to get something cheaper from BG or Knauf seen as we are recycling the plasterboard for them :RpS_unsure: like them ton bags they use on sites for just plasterboard, they should send them us for free :RpS_mellow:

look in your local paper, there are always a man with a van who offer to be cheaper than a skip ... i give them my business .....

This is normally three to four weeks worth of set fine casting plaster waste from my workshop.I don't run my business with a CAR .as he's sop says you can't put it in landfill as it creates hydrogen sulphide which is smelly &poisonous.it needs to be recycled

This is normally three to four weeks worth of set fine casting plaster waste from my workshop.I don't run my business with a CAR .as he's sop says you can't put it in landfill as it creates hydrogen sulphide which is smelly &poisonous.it needs to be recycled
no, neither do i. but i take it to the tip in the car so i don't have to pay to get it recycled

Status
Not open for further replies.