Rubbing on sand and cement

Shovel120

Is there many still rubbing on traditional sand and cement render with the hawk and trowel or is the pump machine doing must of it now

Havnt seen any pump systems on private houses. A take it that ud hav to use a fine sand and plenty of mortar mix in the mortar to get her to pump.

If you're hand applying these days you're behind the times or too tight to buy a machine or just don't really do enough rendering
Still tons of s&c down my way, the only houses get coloured render down here are the s**t boxes persimmons and the likes of build, look totally shite in 6-12 months, too green and wet/damp for coloured render, even sealed they still go green algae all over

Still tons of s&c down my way, the only houses get coloured render down here are the s**t boxes persimmons and the likes of build, look totally shite in 6-12 months, too green and wet/damp for coloured render, even sealed they still go green algae all over
There's bagged s&c render that goes on machine applied or by hand I was referring to the method not the products

Definitely well said its wank all this mono and acrylic. Ballbags with machines thinking there god any idiot can spray that dung

Do you mix with the 4 bag mixer
One of these mate. Bigger drum than most site mixers.
IMG_20220307_111851996.jpg

All mono and silicone etc look good if done right but I still think not the greatest, traditional still the best way as it’s suited to our climate, mono open finish and if trees nr by or overhangs not right , then it will look a mess in a year,
Silicone ok but u got to cover absolutely everything as u not getting it off,
U won’t beat traditional and maybe in 10 - 20 yrs developers ,customers,building control, etc etc will realise these products not that great. But I have seen a few jobs done very well and take my hat off to them, too many gangs with the machines not taking pride in there work, if u got a machine it don’t mean u better than a gang that handballs, some gangs that handball do a good job, as for machines they all look
Tidy to me,any machine used right will work well

S&C is King ffs, when you going to learn, machine rendering to many headaches and expensive overheads, I'll be back on the hawk and trowel when I've finally made my money back for these poxy machines.
Sounds like u got sucked into buying a machine , I can’t fault the machine’s they all good, but we handball any product and we not far behind, float and set forget the machine . As long as I’m fed by 2-3 labourers we will keep up

Like u said , a lot of problems with pumps, but also a lot of it human error, u need the right gang who have abit of brains behind them, as the machines not cheap

S&C is King ffs, when you going to learn, machine rendering to many headaches and expensive overheads, I'll be back on the hawk and trowel when I've finally made my money back for these poxy machines.
bro I know how you feel i fell into the same trap and bought 3 of them and boy am I regretting it

Sounds like u got sucked into buying a machine , I can’t fault the machine’s they all good, but we handball any product and we not far behind, float and set forget the machine . As long as I’m fed by 2-3 labourers we will keep up
you will not keep up to a machine unless you have more than twice as many men on the scaffold

Love your comment u a funny guy, u sound stressed don’t let it beat u