Rpp

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice gear to spray but watch for slump cracks. Expect to do some crack filling next morning.

@Rigsby at what thickness does slumping start to become an issue?

I did a job about 12mm on rend-aid in April last year. A couple of places that may have been a bit thicker and got some slump cracks. Filled in on rubbing up but opened up again by next morning. Most of my work is 2 coat being re-furbishment so about 12 mm max on rend-aid.

PFT Wales had a good tip. If it is late in the day put some droppings in a sealed plastic bag or if earlier in the day mix a bit at night and put in a sealed bag and place in a fridge. Just right for crack filling next day.

Don't get it Irish Spread? Either me or you has mis understood EssexAndy.

I did a job about 12mm on rend-aid in April last year. A couple of places that may have been a bit thicker and got some slump cracks. Filled in on rubbing up but opened up again by next morning. Most of my work is 2 coat being re-furbishment so about 12 mm max on rend-aid.

PFT Wales had a good tip. If it is late in the day put some droppings in a sealed plastic bag or if earlier in the day mix a bit at night and put in a sealed bag and place in a fridge. Just right for crack filling next day.

Don't get it Irish Spread? Either me or you has mis understood EssexAndy.

Bloody hell I never expected you to say 12mm, and this from a product that's supposed to be able to go up to 20mm in one coat (two passes).
I've just priced a job to put 20mm on an extension and 15mm on a garden wall. I was going to two coat the extension anyway but was going to one coat the garden wall, this is on dense blocks with no suction so perhaps I'll need to rethink the one coat on the garden wall.
This all makes me less convinced about pricing up to use OCR opposed to S&C, more cost and no advantage other than being sprayable.

Mine was all in one pass and a cool day. The rend aid was flat and scratched.

SAS Float was the same. Over 10mm and slump cracks. Between the two the Weber is the nicer to spray but I would have more confidence in SAS. The aggregate in Webers is more like building sand as SAS is gritty with plenty of lime in it.

Doing a Weber OCR late in the week. That will be two passes with mesh in the first but the second pass only a few mm from the top. Bucket coat finish most likely JUB Nano.

I've never had a problem with OCR slumping or shrinkage cracks, and have gone on 20mm before maybe a bit thicker.

Very good render, generally I do same a Rigs RendAid then 10mm beads one coat.

I've never had a problem with OCR slumping or shrinkage cracks, and have gone on 20mm before maybe a bit thicker.

Very good render, generally I do same a Rigs RendAid then 10mm beads one coat.

Do you spray or hand apply?
If hand applying with it a little stiffer would help but we want to spray it.

Hopefully same day rub up. But if it is too wet then a late spray, cover up, and I section next day. Flat ok but soaks up primer.

I've never I sectioned it, going to have to give it a go. Although personally I think a power float same day would be best.

I've not had slumping issues with Webers OCR as yet. We used 8 pallets through the ritmo October just gone, we sprayed it quite stiff at about 15bar as it was low temps and on concrete blocks that where a little damp. That was 2 passes at 16/17mm finish thickness.
Where you spraying it particularly wet @Rigsby

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to wet but I am only talking about a couple of places not all over. Once it was painted you could not tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.