Round pillars

MonteM

Hi all. I'm new here and kinda new to Venetian plaster. I'm a lifelong drywall finisher (28yrs). The company I work for is branching off into Venetian. So far I've got 6 jobs under my belt. We've got a job coming up where the homeowner wants 2 oddly shaped columns plastered...anyone have any tips? Especially on the burnishing...?

I find difficult angles I.e rounded columns, not to go ott with the burnishing. Concentrate more on the application and sanding for the glossing. Are they rounded?
Dahh! Don’t worry I just read the title of your thread “Rounded Pillars “ so my answer to my own question, rather you then me!
Good luck mate.

Hi all. I'm new here and kinda new to Venetian plaster. I'm a lifelong drywall finisher (28yrs). The company I work for is branching off into Venetian. So far I've got 6 jobs under my belt. We've got a job coming up where the homeowner wants 2 oddly shaped columns plastered...anyone have any tips? Especially on the burnishing...?

Hi mate. What diameter size are the pillars. Any pics? Burnishing isn't too hard on a pillar as the outward curve doesn't restrict your trowel movement. It is easier to do if you move vertically up and down as you trowel. Kind of in a diagonal motion so the whole of your trowel edge stays in tact with the surface of the wall.