Rotation System

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

Maybe i am a bit slow here but iv ONLY just worked out this way of plastering. maybe cuz iv only just started working with a lab after all theys years but this was my old way..

4 walls in a room to skim

hit first coat on 2 walls..clean all kit ect then wait and then flatten then fresh mix ect wait around till walls all done and polished up about 2.5-3 hours then start next 2..

now i do this

first coat 2 walls ,get lab to sort kit ..ill flatten off and let it set a bit..then ill get a big mix on again and second coat first 2 walls and first coat one other wall.....then flatten first walls...then 3rd wall wait a short time then get a big mix on again and second coat the 3rd wall lay on the 4th wall and so on..goin back to quickly polish off other walls..and getin lab to Ive the finial trowel off (he cant fcUk that up!)

is this wot every else has been doin since sliced bread?

You make me laugh mate I honestly cant read what your saying mate. Exeter is about 30 minutes from me and work here in Plymouth is very busy for me..... are you trying to say your gonna buy me a beer ??? lol

Rich

:p Sorry My keyboard is crap!and i dnt look bk at wot iv said.....

Im ganna be down tynemouth, i found that the work in that town was poor,iv seen 3 trades while i was down and Fcuk me...first i was overskimin the house that had been done just a few months ago as it was so bad it had to be redone..a sparky was poo he had cables pokein outa the wall and he had bonded them in to the was with somthing and left the muck sticking out about an inch from the wall!with cables goin in and out of it! the plumber left them with a new bathroom with a shower that only spat water at you but said some reason for it but still charged them for a new pump? and the tiles were layed on alover the shot..and the floor was up and down and they never even sealed the shower in!!! i felt like the only tradesmen in the town! and the spark had 2 new mistabishi worriors on there drive.. al i got told that week was i could make good money down here cuz i had a good finish..

NOT Digin devon just were i was that week

i do it pretty much the same as skimming2day. lay first coat on, no thicker than 3mm.... use one of the mt cement trowel which are hardly dished so the first coat is layed on flat as possible, but usually left with loads of trowel marks. then apply second coat from same mix using a mt permashape trowel, applying just enough skim to fill in holes and trowel marks usually 1-2mm. cross trowel to flattern. then start laying on the next wall. then drop back to the first wall to trowel up.

oasis said:
Maybe i am a bit slow here but iv ONLY just worked out this way of plastering. maybe cuz iv only just started working with a lab after all theys years but this was my old way..

4 walls in a room to skim

hit first coat on 2 walls..clean all kit ect then wait and then flatten then fresh mix ect wait around till walls all done and polished up about 2.5-3 hours then start next 2..

now i do this

first coat 2 walls ,get lab to sort kit ..ill flatten off and let it set a bit..then ill get a big mix on again and second coat first 2 walls and first coat one other wall.....then flatten first walls...then 3rd wall wait a short time then get a big mix on again and second coat the 3rd wall lay on the 4th wall and so on..goin back to quickly polish off other walls..and getin lab to Ive the finial trowel off (he cant fcUk that up!)

is this wot every else has been doin since sliced bread?
your doing it right mate, but with a labourer 1st coat the whole room, by the time you have done this the first wall will be ready for 2nd coat and so on,

im glad iv started 2 do this..saves loads of time.i feel like iv improved! its good when you look back 6months or so and see were ya at since then..just seems ta get better and better from pricein jobs to puttin skim on walls to having better advertiments!

ive never tried makin 2 mixes,but surely by the time youve layed 4 walls on and starting the second coat the wall will be pulling like fcuk on the second coat making it difficult,surely it will bubble up ????
i wouldnt wanna keep all them edges going either at once,im sure it would reduce the quality of the finnish.
ill just stick to my old fuddy duddy two coats 2 walls technique !!! But what ever works for you.
EVERYBODY FINDS THERE OWN WAY THERE IS KNOW RIGHT OR WRONG WAY IF IT WORKS FOR YOU.

when i lay on i flatten off after so the wall can pull in as much as it wants..but i also use bond it alot now so make the multi hang around a while,.,

I tried WBA for the first time the other day and in my opinion its loads easier to use then bondit, much nicer to skim over as the aggregate is much finer so easier to skim and it goes of quicker

Rich

That wba is expensive so i still never tried it,i can get same result with pva on the standard house.
Tried to use wba the other week went to wickesd and they sold out.
youd make more profit using pva though boys !! Buit if it works for you........

i dint like it the first time mate..but iv used it a few times now and is gr8 stuff..1 coat job no spendingtime prepein just bond everything and and thats it all set up and i hit on it after a few hours..but if i need to just do a few walls the same day yea ill use pva

Pva is fine for most things but if you gonna overskim an already painted wall then if it was my house id want to use a bonding agent first.

Rich

i take it back if artex is old it will come down from the weight

funny u should say artex mr spunk..we were talkin about my up and down pricein the oither day well iv just priced this job..

V.V Small Kitchen ceiling..going to be empty and gutted ..is old nasty artex..some of the tape has come away and some of it is hangin a bit..

so i'v said il over board and skim..

price. £245

sounds more worth it..a few years ago i would of said £90 ALL IN LOL. got the job aswell..nice half day.,

sounds about right mate have you got anything in to make the ceiling/wall edges good?

the walls are artexd and the kitchen company are dealng with the walls....so rock on i say

Status
Not open for further replies.