Rooms with no air/ventilation

Members online

Alright lads and lasses.

How do you all deal with rooms where their is no air or ventilation. Had a few bathrooms recently with no windows and the humidity inside the rooms makes for hard work to get a nice finish. Feels as if the water is just sitting on the plaster and it goes greasy.

Alright lads and lasses.

How do you all deal with rooms where their is no air or ventilation. Had a few bathrooms recently with no windows and the humidity inside the rooms makes for hard work to get a nice finish. Feels as if the water is just sitting on the plaster and it goes greasy.
We tend to open all bedroom windows and doors to try to get some air in the room

Alright lads and lasses.

Alright lads and lasses.

Turn on extractor

Alright lads and lasses.

Just open everything you can up and use a fan if you can. There's really not much else you can do is there? Unless you want to pay out a load of hard earned money on a dehumidifier.

I've honestly never found it a problem though.

To continue, I want to say that we have a large bathroom, so we decided to install a small air conditioner there so that it creates the correct humidity in the bathroom. Fortunately, it worked. And the walls were dry. And so, for coming to this conclusion, we first consulted with the air conditioner repair servicing. Because we have a limited budget for additional purchases and we didn't want to waste money. We are very pleased that they gave us the right advice. And our problem with wet walls in the bathroom is solved. But I don't know for sure if there was another way out of this situation, such as making another vent in the wall.

I think the best way would be to get a portable air conditioner or a small ventilator in the bathroom. The air conditioner will definitely help a lot as I know it causes air to be drier than usual so evaporation takes place faster. Or have an air conditioner on and open the bathroom toilet door for the cool air to get in for things to dry in the bathroom. I have been patronising lkbrothers.com for all their air con products and services and they have been really reliable for the past 5 years.

Alright lads and lasses.

You sound like a right wet lettuce

One of these. However. I put fan outside or near window and run pipe inside and hitch up pipe to wrong end of fan. This blows air in. Also use fan without duct to dry off sealers. Useful tool to have. Bit noisy though but handy/bliss in summer. Odd thing is duck is wrong end in this picture. This is a powerstar though and mine is a knock off and slightly different with intake end smooth with no lip. This has lip by looks of it but duct should go on the wide flanged end
powerstar-portable-ventilation-axial-fan-with-5-meter-air-duct-hose-482-p.jpg

Alright lads and lasses.

If it goes off quickly less on.. slow going off more on. All about timing.end of day it is going go off at one point