Roofing industry

Yes and I bet it
Facia guttering drainpipe

Scaffolding skips etc....

It's the roof and the what seems to be bullshit on different points of view what's needs doing

Lead flashing on neighbours side needs fixing to be water tight aswell.

Quotes between £6.5 and £11.5 so far.

What you like at pointing Pete mate ??
I bet it take 3 day to do, plasterer are mugs

@Danny smiley faces on this thread

Attachments

• Roofing industry
    Screenshot_20190214-162038_Samsung Internet.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 130
It will take more than 3 days mate
Scaffold lads
Re roof
Facia etc
New tiles
Skips
Labour.
Pointing front of house
It's not a re-skim lol.
Why have you got scaffold for roofing house.....how big is it?

You forgot stripping old roof.............Membrane..........vents..........ridge tiles.......lead.

If roof was stripped carefully couldnt you sell old tiles?

Why have you got scaffold for roofing house.....how big is it?

You forgot stripping old roof.............Membrane..........vents..........ridge tiles.......lead.

If roof was stripped carefully couldnt you sell old tiles?
Ye one fella said he'd re sell for us

So is ya roof knackered or do you just think it is?
Is there slate rot or nail rot ?
the prices will vary cos some will be pricing for good slate and others for sheite.
Welsh slate is top banana
Spanish you can get good and sheite
Chinese is generally sheite but have heard you can get descent.
most stuff I do is with reclaimed slate due to the age and locations of the buildings.
ask what type of slate they have prices for and also what nails. Ideally you want copper nails and get up there and check they are using them if priced for.
lead ain't cheap also check what code they have prices for and what they actually use.
other than that get up there and do it yourself cos the only thing easier than sla ting i can think of is plastering.:inocente:

So is ya roof knackered or do you just think it is?
Is there slate rot or nail rot ?
the prices will vary cos some will be pricing for good slate and others for sheite.
Welsh slate is top banana
Spanish you can get good and sheite
Chinese is generally sheite but have heard you can get descent.
most stuff I do is with reclaimed slate due to the age and locations of the buildings.
ask what type of slate they have prices for and also what nails. Ideally you want copper nails and get up there and check they are using them if priced for.
lead ain't cheap also check what code they have prices for and what they actually use.
other than that get up there and do it yourself cos the only thing easier than sla ting i can think of is plastering.:inocente:

Modern concrete.
It's looks shite mate it's coming off.

Modern concrete.
It's looks shite mate it's coming off.
You did say it was slate.
So they are concrete tile.
What sort of roof hip, up and over, valleys, parapets, mid terrace, detached.
You replacing timber ready for loft conversion.
Cause if it's straightforward concrete tile roof your getting ripped off.
I used to work for my dad who had own roofing firm when I was younger and I can safely say roofers are cxxts who will have you over if you don't know what's, what.
I fecking hate roofers coke head cxxnts.

You did say it was slate.
So they are concrete tile.
What sort of roof hip, up and over, valleys, parapets, mid terrace, detached.
You replacing timber ready for loft conversion.
Cause if it's straightforward concrete tile roof your getting ripped off.
I used to work for my dad who had own roofing firm when I was younger and I can safely say roofers are cxxts who will have you over if you don't know what's, what.
I fecking hate roofers coke head cxxnts.

Straight forward up over

Loft conversion sorted a while back just needs decorating new carpets and new furniture mate.

Here Andy mate ....I don't think the price is too bad to be honest + £650 for the pointing.
View attachment 31827
Have you priced up the slates yourself mate?
Batten is about 50p a metre for 25x50 and obviously cheaper for 38x25.
Surely you come across roofers on site? I'd be looking at what you can get the gear for and a labour only price off the guys on site.
Don't forget you'll get some money back on the removed tiles. Amount depends on the pattern.

Are they fitting eve trays. Or just using a DPC, if so then make sure they use high load stuff otherwise it'll flap about in wind.

I've spoke to a few fellas who've used these old boys ....theve got quite a good reputation.
I've no idea about roofing.
First time I've ever been involved.

Have you priced up the slates yourself mate?
Batten is about 50p a metre for 25x50 and obviously cheaper for 38x25.
Surely you come across roofers on site? I'd be looking at what you can get the gear for and a labour only price off the guys on site.
Don't forget you'll get some money back on the removed tiles. Amount depends on the pattern.

No I've not asked anyone on site Andy
Past experience using lads onsite has turned bitter.
yeah we've been told we'l get money back for removed tiles.

Just wanting it doing asap.
The wind coming off the sea front is brutal.
Last thing I need is tiles hitting anyone (y)

No I've not asked anyone on site Andy
Past experience using lads onsite has turned bitter.
yeah we've been told we'l get money back for removed tiles.

Just wanting it doing asap.
The wind coming off the sea front is brutal.
Last thing I need is tiles hitting anyone (y)
That could have been that the nail or clip rotted or every tile was nailed and clipped. But to correct it you would have to strip roof so you are right to put a new one on. The fibre cement slates arent good by the sea.

Make sure you hang on to left over slates just in case you lose one a few years down the line.

Not going on holiday? Jeez Danny you must have a big house.

nope not got a holiday planned this year banking on having a scorcher of a summer so going to spending here.... first time in a bout 20 years I have not got a holiday planned :D

Nope I dont have a big house